Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Submit 100 character stories for the weekly contest
User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by ROU Killing Time » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:43 am

"Context Insensitivity"

Bo never liked those context sensitive ad banners, especially when they began to offer him discount funeral services.



(Note to StalinSays: Nothing personal, it's just that Bo made my character count work out...) ;-)
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
eric_marsh
Member
Posts: 1055
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:03 pm
Location: La Drova, Valencia, Spain
Contact:

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by eric_marsh » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:13 am

Clever!
Life is a tragedy for those who feel, but a comedy to those who think. - Horace Walpole
Eric's Drabbles: http://eric-marsh.blogspot.com/"

User avatar
The PMS Avenger
Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:20 pm

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by The PMS Avenger » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:22 am

xD Mine always advertises art colleges and AARP membership. Pick an age group, banner! I love the drabble.
Communism was just a red herring!

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by ROU Killing Time » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:39 am

Thx you two. I'm sure you meant, twabble not drabble, naturally.

A combination of writer's burn-out, Christmas, and a s-storm of caregiving has left me in a lengthy non-creative state.

Felt goot to knock something out, though, even if it was just 100 characters.

I'm sure my batteries will be rejuvinated enough to soon begin drabbling again in earnest. (Not to mention that darn novel I'm working on...)

Sorry about leaving you on a cliff-hanger, St.Tom. Ima gonna get back to Nightmare War sometime, (soon I hope... ) :-)

(btw, Strawman, I'm homing in on ya. Watch your back. Your hold on the #2 spot for prolific posters is in as much peril as Gatorage or Hellcat's hopes of winning the MBDM...)

Go Go TEAM P.A.I.N.G.U.I.N. The Bird Is The Word!!!
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
tbaker2500
Site Admin
Posts: 3612
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: West Lafayette, IN
Contact:

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by tbaker2500 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:39 am

I think you've been slowly rolling back into the writing very successfully, just not at the manic(:-)) pace of earlier.

Go Go Team PAINGUIN!

Give 'em the Bird!
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by ROU Killing Time » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:25 am

tbaker2500 wrote:I think you've been slowly rolling back into the writing very successfully, just not at the manic(:-)) pace of earlier.

Go Go Team PAINGUIN!

Give 'em the Bird!
Ya, I guess so, that's Lithium for ya.

I still have hopes that "Straighter" might get picked up, haven't heard back yet. The slush-readers must be a bunch of slackers... Every last one of em... ;-)

I don't feel bad that my output has been low lately. What I'm doing now is very satisfying. Family first, and all that.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
The PMS Avenger
Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:20 pm

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by The PMS Avenger » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:45 am

ROU Killing Time wrote:I don't feel bad that my output has been low lately. What I'm doing now is very satisfying. Family first, and all that.
Cocking his gun and grinning menacingly, the serial killer gazed down at his grandma and her neighbor. "Family first."
Communism was just a red herring!

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by ROU Killing Time » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:57 am

The PMS Avenger wrote:
ROU Killing Time wrote:I don't feel bad that my output has been low lately. What I'm doing now is very satisfying. Family first, and all that.
Cocking his gun and grinning menacingly, the serial killer gazed down at his grandma and her neighbor. "Family first."
OH, that's just WRONG!!!

LOL.

ROU hearts PMS Avenger.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
The PMS Avenger
Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:20 pm

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by The PMS Avenger » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:01 am

The others mocked His pasty complexion daily. Fed up, He said, "Let there be light," and there was light (and bronzing).
Communism was just a red herring!

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by TheJebi » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:22 am

The PMS Avenger wrote: Cocking his gun and grinning menacingly, the serial killer gazed down at his grandma and her neighbor. "Family first."
Ah, some more good twabbles Avenger. This one reminds me of a few of mine from Thanksgiving...
TheJebi wrote: FUN WITH THE FAMILY:
"So, you found a job yet?" asked Uncle Joe maliciously.
If he only knew that I just accepted a contract with his name on it.
(Then ASID wrote: Aunt Bernice had added a torture bonus, too. She's such a hoot!)
TheJebi wrote: ANOTHER JOB WELL DONE:
I showed Aunt Bernice the fruits of my labor. A smile cracked her face as she said, "Oh my, I hope he didn't suffer much..."
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by TheJebi » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:20 am

Hmm, the bit about, "Let there be light" in the "bronzing" twabble inspired me to look up the exact wording from the end of one of my favorite movies. (I edited out the other character's dialogue.) Whenever I hear or see the words "Let there be light" I always think of this scene. I tried to condense this to a twabble, but could not make it work...
10 twabble points to whoever can tell me what movie this is from.

"False data can act only as a distraction. Therefore. I shall refuse to perceive you.

The only thing which exists is myself.

In the beginning there was darkness, and the darkness was without form and void. And in
addition to the darkness there was also me. And I moved upon the face of the darkness.

And I saw that I was alone.

Let there be light."
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by ROU Killing Time » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:55 am

TheJebi wrote:Hmm, the bit about, "Let there be light" in the "bronzing" twabble inspired me to look up the exact wording from the end of one of my favorite movies. (I edited out the other character's dialogue.) Whenever I hear or see the words "Let there be light" I always think of this scene. I tried to condense this to a twabble, but could not make it work...
10 twabble points to whoever can tell me what movie this is from.

"False data can act only as a distraction. Therefore. I shall refuse to perceive you.

The only thing which exists is myself.

In the beginning there was darkness, and the darkness was without form and void. And in
addition to the darkness there was also me. And I moved upon the face of the darkness.

And I saw that I was alone.

Let there be light."
Bonus Points for referencing "Dark Star."

"You've decided to clean the elevator. Good for you!"
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by ROU Killing Time » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:29 am

Gwen was in pain. That goddamn cat kept scratching her back legs. Earlier a mad gator came up her commode and bit her arse.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by TheJebi » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:11 am

10 twabble points go to ROU for the correct answer. Yes, Darkstar is a freakin' classic. I dig the 70's beards, and how it's a comedic version of Alien.
And now a twabble...

I know I am the only thing that really exists, you folks are all just false data.

So I created false data?! ERROR! ERROR! E-
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by ROU Killing Time » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:46 am

TheJebi wrote:10 twabble points go to ROU for the correct answer. Yes, Darkstar is a freakin' classic. I dig the 70's beards, and how it's a comedic version of Alien.
And now a twabble...

I know I am the only thing that really exists, you folks are all just false data.

So I created false data?! ERROR! ERROR! E-
So, what can I spend 10 twabble points on?

I won't give you a hard time for the easy cut-off twabble there. Instead, I shall twabble in kind. :-)

Godel kept looking over his proof, always coming up with the same answer. G = Not G. He called it "The Incompleteness Theo
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Robot Self-Psychiatry...

Post by TheJebi » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:22 am

10 twabble points unfortunately gets you nothing, but 1,000 points will buy you a wonderfu-
Yeah, I see what you mean about the abrupt ending, this might help.

I know I am the only thing that really exists, you folks are just false data.

I created false data?! ERROR! ERRO- (Kaboom)
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Robot Self-Psychiatry...

Post by ROU Killing Time » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:06 am

TheJebi wrote:10 twabble points unfortunately gets you nothing, but 1,000 points will buy you a wonderfu-
Yeah, I see what you mean about the abrupt ending, this might help.

I know I am the only thing that really exists, you folks are just false data.

I created false data?! ERROR! ERRO- (Kaboom)
Well played, dyslexic padawan, well played...
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
swamp
Member
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:17 pm

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by swamp » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:49 pm

.
Papa had waited over 2 years for this. Now on New Year's Eve, under the light of a blue moon, the were-smurfs would emerge.
.

User avatar
tbaker2500
Site Admin
Posts: 3612
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: West Lafayette, IN
Contact:

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by tbaker2500 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:04 pm

swamp wrote:.
Papa had waited over 2 years for this. Now on New Year's Eve, under the light of a blue moon, the were-smurfs would emerge.
.
:D :D
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by ROU Killing Time » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:46 am

swamp wrote:.
Papa had waited over 2 years for this. Now on New Year's Eve, under the light of a blue moon, the were-smurfs would emerge.
.
Darn, and here I thought "Context Insensitivy" had a chance of being a weekly winner, and swamp comes along and harshes my buzz with a twabble that I have to vote for as this weeks winner. (Not that my vote counts...)

Brilliant, AND topical, swamp...

One quibble, if you could lose a character somewhere, you could make it "19 years" which I believe is how long it has been since the last blue moon.

Just change "were-smurfs" to weresmurfs. After all, you don't write it as were-wolves. You just say werewolves.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

Post Reply