MBDM 2012 - Scaled Beasts

Which Mega-Beast would survive in a fight to the death?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:57 am

Necromander
33%
Kimono Dragon
14%
The Vulgon
43%
Dragon Fry
No votes
Raptile
10%

Total votes: 21

StalinSays
Beast-Master

MBDM 2012 - Scaled Beasts

Postby StalinSays » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:57 am

WINNER: NECROMANDER (by 6 votes)

---- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - -------- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - ----

Beast 1:
Necromander
Nature:Salamander
Size: 5' (Tall) 7' (Long)
Weight: 250 lbs
The familiar of an ancient warlock, breed for sinister purposes. An alligator-sized salamander, whose patterning resembles runes. A practitioner of the dark arts, utilizes curses and spell-casting over physical purposes. Able to raise and subjugate the recent dead.

---- - - -- <> -- - - -----

Beast 2:
Kimono Dragon
Nature: Komodo Dragon
Size: 5'9" (tall) 9' (Long)
Weight: 265 lbs
A peculiar, cultured beast. The Kimono Dragon walks upright and has the seductive powers of a geisha, paired with the poisonous bite of a komodo dragon. Mesmerizes opponents with sensual powers and flashy kimono robe. Sharpened hair sticks can be thrown as a ranged attack. "Paper" fan is actually an impervious shield that doubles as a machete when folded.

Beast 3:
The Vulgon
Nature: Vulcan, Dragon
Size: 8' (Long) 6'1" (Tall) 10' (Wingspan)
Weight: 1,966 lbs
Can read minds (with physical contact), able to perform the vaunted Vulgon death grip. Belches flames, sulfurous breath. Highly intelligent (able to perform complex calculations in its head). Thick, scaly skin. Walks, flys, chews gum. Soft, vulnerable underbelly. Has a strong compulsion to account for all logical outcomes and variables. Is highly displeased by irrational behavior.

Beast 4:
Dragon Fry
Nature: Ecuadorian tube lipped nectar bat
Size: 15' (Long) 22' (Wingspan)
Weight: 1.5 tons
A giant insect predator of the Devonian age, brought back to life by some smarty-pants scientist who never watches movies. The fossil record did not reveal that the Dragon Fry prefers its meat cooked, and that it spews a limitless stream of napalm. Airborne, highly maneuverable, with strong, reinforced wings. Very aggressive.

Beast 5:
Raptile
Nature: Iguana
Size: 6'7" (Tall) 10' (Long)
Weight: 500 lbs
The rapping reptile of crime, the lizzard blizzard of rhymes. Wears lots of gold jewelry. Will light you up with a lyric, then perforate you with his steel (two .50 Desert Eagles). Never seen without bulletproof vest. Beat boxes to lull opponents. Will immobilize wankster foes with the sh*t he spits about their posse, followed by a killing bite from a mouth full of gold teeth. Disrespectful to women (for shame!).

---- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - -------- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - ----
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

bo_puppet

Re: MBDM 2012 - Scaled Beasts

Postby bo_puppet » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:12 am

I like rap. I like geishas. I love Star Trek. But I love raising the dead the most of all!

Necromander for teh winz1!
This is the puppet account of Bo Kaier, created to test general forum issues, without having admin permissions.

Christi

Postby Christi » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:06 am

Bo you are truly amazing – these beasts are magnificent.
I may be biased but that Vulgon is one good looking brute, I think Kimono and Vulgon would make a cute couple, if they weren’t hell bent on destroying each other.
I think when its all over, Necromander will come to a dead-end.

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:10 pm

bo_puppet wrote:Necromander for teh winz1!

Seconded. No one who played the original Warhammer Fantasy battle (incoming nerd reference alert) could go against the Slann.
Let me through, I'm a colour therapist!

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:33 am

Thanks all!

Kimono and Vulgon, a Shakespearean tragedy. I can see it.

People seem to be completely discounting the power of guns. Fan shields, ok, maybe its a stretch, but guns? They kill things, make them go dead! Raptile deserves a better threat assessment!

Mikes get as nerdy as you want. Just don't expect us to know what you're talking about :mrgreen:
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

Christi

Postby Christi » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:02 am

Tragic love…it’s the only kind any story tellers care about! The lovers remain forever young and true.

Raptile is cool (like, really cool) but what chance does he stand against Vulgon?
His insults will mean nothing because they will not be based on fact, rendering them illogical and thereby ineffective. Vulgon engulfs Raptile in a ball of flame, melting all the rappers bling, reducing him to a quivering pile of unpimped scales!

And Mikes...nerds are HOT! Geeky is the new cool.

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:50 am

StalinSays wrote:Mikes get as nerdy as you want. Just don't expect us to know what you're talking about :mrgreen:

Then ye shall learn; behold!

...look don't judge me. If you were over a certain and into the 80's British wargaming scene you'd be having fits right now.
Let me through, I'm a colour therapist!

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:35 pm

Christi wrote:And Mikes...nerds are HOT! Geeky is the new cool.

And cool is the new geeky - c'mon guys, let's go beat up the Fonz and run his undies up the flag poll!

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:43 pm

Yet again, the circle of death. Which beast beats which beast best, in a rock/paper/scissors round breakdown. Including who has the gumption to break the circle!

Necromander beats Raptile - What is a bullet gonna do against a reanimated corpse? Slow it down, just a touch. And remember, this is magic - blow the brain right up, overruled!
    Dragon Fry beats Necromander - Conjure conjure conjure... OH no death from above!
    Vulgon beats Dragon Fly - The sparky Spock takes to the air and uses superior intelligence to foil his high flying peer.
    Kimono Dragon beats Vulgon - Logic evaporates at the sight of this enchanting creature.
    Raptile beats Kimono Dragon - As he so eloquently puts it: "B*tches ain't sh*t but hoes and tricks."

So who breaks the cycle? Who is spoiler!?

Necromander - He waits for the Vulgon to fall at the hands of KD, summons his hulking, headless torso, and sends it straight at the Dragon Fry, nullifying his greatest obstacle.

strawman

Postby strawman » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:36 am

What, a scaled beast flight, and none 1:20?
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

Christi

Postby Christi » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:40 pm

strawman wrote:What, a scaled beast flight, and none 1:20?

Its all about weighting Strawman, you have to be patient

Return to “Mega-Beast Death-Match Season 5 (Winter 2012)”