Drawing from the Drabblecast?

For any and all info or discussion of podcasts and podcasting. Also community related miscellanea.
Andrew Styles

Drawing from the Drabblecast?

Postby Andrew Styles » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:05 pm

I've been thinking about making an audio fiction podcast recently, and I'm working on compiling a set of stories I want to read and produce on the show. I'm going to do a mixture of original stories by me, stories in the public domain, and if possible, some stories taken from writing forums such as these! So, here's my question: If I ask an author's permission first, am I allowed to produce stories that are posted here on the Drabblecast Forums? Of course, I would give them full credit in the show, and a link to their posting in the show notes.

Many Thanks!

~Andrew
"If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips" - Birgitte Silverbow

Check out my blog! http://www.musingsoftheteenagemind.wordpress.com

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Re: Drawing from the Drabblecast?

Postby tbaker2500 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:58 pm

I'm not an expert, I just play on on the internet.
There seems to be two sets of rules, the law and the convention. Law is that you need to obtain (written?) permission to use the story. Convention is when reading it, give credit to where it first appeared, in this case the DC forums.
I'm sure others will have more knowledge. Have fun!
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Return to “Podcasts and suchforth”