Search found 185 matches

by Talia
Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:09 pm
Forum: Story Discussion - Main and Drabbleclassics
Topic: Drabblecast 151 - The Society of Eccentric Moustaches
Replies: 50
Views: 10769

Re: Drabblecast 151- The Society of Eccentric Moustaches

Here's a seemingly relevant moment from actual U.S. History:

http://www.boingboing.net/2010/03/31/ra ... rom-h.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They sure knew how to live it up in 1880!
by Talia
Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:12 am
Forum: Don't be Shy...
Topic: Single episode playback?
Replies: 11
Views: 1955

Re: Single episode playback?

Here's how it works for me, let's see if our computers are different: On DC's main page there are the episode listings. If I click on the title of the episode I want to listen to, it brings up that episode + comments, with a big player at the top. It automatically begins to play the episode, and it...
by Talia
Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:27 pm
Forum: Don't be Shy...
Topic: Single episode playback?
Replies: 11
Views: 1955

Single episode playback?

Wasn't sure where else to post this, hear me out! So I wanted to re-listen to this week's episode, just specific parts of it, and didn't want to dig out my mp3 player. I went to DC's main site because I thought there was a way right off the main page to play the episode. In fact I was pretty sure of...
by Talia
Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:05 pm
Forum: Drabblenews
Topic: I guess it goes here...
Replies: 8
Views: 1469

Re: I guess it goes here...

moonowl wrote:Huh. I wonder if this means clowns can eat this crap instead of poor baby clowns.
Why would they want to? Baby clowns are like the bacon of the clown world.

Mmmm, baby clown bacon.
by Talia
Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:55 pm
Forum: Don't be Shy...
Topic: Notorious Forum Hog
Replies: 55
Views: 7463

Re: Notorious Forum Hog

Maybe he was inviting us all over for a pool party.

I'm totally up for that.

Also, I see I've broken into the triple-digits in number of posts.

Watch out ROU, I'm totally gonna break your record.

Maybe.
by Talia
Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:08 pm
Forum: Podcasts and suchforth
Topic: Fill my ears
Replies: 40
Views: 7070

Re: Fill my ears

Decoder Ring Theater!! Yay witty '40s-style audio dramas! and if you're open to podcast novels, and somehow have not yet heard them, Nathan Lowell's 'Share' series, starting with quarter share, are a "must listen" over on podiobooks.com. Similarly, any of Mur Lafferty's stuff on podiobooks is very g...
by Talia
Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:37 pm
Forum: Don't be Shy...
Topic: Notorious Forum Hog
Replies: 55
Views: 7463

Re: Notorious Forum Hog

0.64% of all posts

But that doesn't take into account my 42 alternate accounts. Then it'd be more like 88.8%
by Talia
Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:34 am
Forum: Drabblenews
Topic: This will cause some debate
Replies: 27
Views: 3187

Re: This will cause some debate

I find some truth ("some", do note. Not making a blanket statement here) to this statement purely from personal experience, but as far as the study itself goes, PZ Myers' comments on this article were pointed out to me. Now he's pretty, if not atheist, at least agnostic, and very pro-science. But he...
by Talia
Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:44 pm
Forum: Podcasts and suchforth
Topic: Norm's long lost twin brother
Replies: 13
Views: 2437

Re: Norm's long lost twin brother

alhilton wrote:I think Steve and Norm (and, more importantly, Steve and Norm's audiences) would get alone like a house afire.
Everyone burns alone?
by Talia
Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:21 pm
Forum: Drabblenews
Topic: Spoons, Chihuahuas, and Autonomous Robots
Replies: 1
Views: 580

Spoons, Chihuahuas, and Autonomous Robots

Wasn't exactly sure where to post this, but it vaguely kind of fits here, so here goes... The "prestigious" Diagram Prize is an annual award celebrating the weirdest book title of the year. The 2009 candidates have just been announced: * James A Yannes' Collectible Spoons of the Third Reich (Traffor...
by Talia
Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:27 pm
Forum: Story Discussion - B Sides
Topic: Bsides 01 - Norm Sherman Live at the Sub, Thomasville Ga
Replies: 17
Views: 6136

Re: B Sides 1 - Norm Sherman Live at the Sub, Thomasville Ga

tbaker2500 wrote:
I agree with strawman, you can really bruise your lips playing the piano that way.
Will not make the obvious and totally inappropriate joke. Nope, wont do it.

*ducttapes mouth* mmmfffffffff..
by Talia
Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:22 pm
Forum: Story Discussion - Main and Drabbleclassics
Topic: Drabblecast 150 - Morris and the Machine
Replies: 108
Views: 26249

Re: Drabblecast 150- Morris and the Machine by Tim Pratt

Because this is HIS story, he is the one that is easier to find fault in. If it was a story that was more about Penny, we could say more about her drinking problem and her responsibility. Of course it takes two to tango in a relationship. Of course no one forces booze down anyone or makes anyone st...
by Talia
Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:40 pm
Forum: Story Discussion - Main and Drabbleclassics
Topic: Drabblecast 150 - Morris and the Machine
Replies: 108
Views: 26249

Re: Drabblecast 150- Morris and the Machine by Tim Pratt

Mr. Tweedy wrote:Is that really a relevant distinction?
Absolutely. Because it suggests the things he's doing wrong are because of some degree of mental illness and/or psychological problems, not because he's just a big fat jerk. It makes him a more sympathetic character to me, personally.
by Talia
Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:20 pm
Forum: Story Discussion - Main and Drabbleclassics
Topic: Drabblecast 150 - Morris and the Machine
Replies: 108
Views: 26249

Re: Drabblecast 150- Morris and the Machine by Tim Pratt

So he's lying to himself as much as he is to her. He yearns for the past because his present has become so miserable that he can't deal with it. He knows he can be very briefly happy and back with the one he loves for a very short time and is to desperate, too needy for those moments of happiness to...
by Talia
Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:03 pm
Forum: Story Discussion - Main and Drabbleclassics
Topic: Drabblecast 150 - Morris and the Machine
Replies: 108
Views: 26249

Re: Drabblecast 150- Morris and the Machine by Tim Pratt

First of all, *screams and rips out hair* the forums keep making me log back in and it just deleted my whole typed up response. ($#)*$)(#(*)$*#)(*$#)(*!! Kicked me out again. Third attempt to post. Lets see what happens! What he does with the younger Pennies–telling them stories of a happy future th...
by Talia
Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:51 am
Forum: Story Discussion - Main and Drabbleclassics
Topic: Drabblecast 150 - Morris and the Machine
Replies: 108
Views: 26249

Re: Drabblecast 150- Morris and the Machine by Tim Pratt

Saw where it was going, but still found it very sweet and sad. Now I'm melancholy, time to go cheer myself up with pictures of puppies.
by Talia
Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:20 am
Forum: 2009 Drabblecast People's Choice Awards
Topic: "Best Story" Finals! Vote Here
Replies: 55
Views: 16771

Re: "Best Story" Finals! Vote Here

I'd lay odds Babel probe wins, just by how people were voting before.

(though I am still rooting for dinosaurs!)
by Talia
Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:02 pm
Forum: Podcasts and suchforth
Topic: Forum is over capacity.
Replies: 23
Views: 4046

Re: Forum is over capacity.

strawman wrote:Okay, ROU, I just gotta ask. Knowing you a bit now, and picturing your eager little daughter, is there any chance that her name is ROUlette? :roll:

Anyway, a kickass name for a little girl. As long as you're not from Russia.
I'd bet on it!
by Talia
Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:46 pm
Forum: Podcasts and suchforth
Topic: Forum is over capacity.
Replies: 23
Views: 4046

Re: Forum is over capacity.

It was my legion of rabid fans swarming the place to admire my fabulous posts. Such is the price of international superstardom. Sorry bout that.
by Talia
Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:05 pm
Forum: 2009 Drabblecast People's Choice Awards
Topic: Story Nominations!
Replies: 57
Views: 14920

Re: Story Nominations!

The humor and outrageousness of Awesome Dinosaurs just really spoke to me. The absurdity was JUST my cup of tea and I was grinning like an idiot the entire time I was listening. Something that makes me that happy instantly wins an eternal place in my heart.:) Plus all the stuff that Moonowl said. :)