Drabblecast 094 - Squidges

Discuss episodes and stories from the Drabblecast Main Feed and from Drabbleclassics

Squidges?

I have serious squidge problems myself.
31%
Squidge conservation now!
31%
Mmm... Tasty.
38%

Total votes: 16

Mr. Tweedy

Drabblecast 094 - Squidges

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:42 pm

Squidges by Thomas Canfield

"Squidges?" This was a term I hadn't heard before. I was used to Maine brother colloquialisms, they had adopted a vocabulary largely unique to themselves, but this went beyond even that...

Drabble - "The Night Sky" by Wonko

The Dunesteef

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:07 pm

I like. Simple, cute, innocent.

Not much to comment on, but it made me feel a little happy fuzzy, which is always nice.
Advertise in this space!

poorturtle

Post by poorturtle » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:10 am

fun story..

btw hello everyone! i've been listening for a while and for whatever reason, decided to post.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:30 am

poorturtle wrote:fun story..

btw hello everyone! i've been listening for a while and for whatever reason, decided to post.
Welcome! There is no bad reason to post. All posts are welcomed with big hugs and hot chocolate... Unless you're Canadian, in which case, get lost.
Advertise in this space!

RicV

Post by RicV » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:22 pm

he dabble wat. my commute smile which is a status few podcast meterial gets.

Squidges was a good story, great piece of flash fiction with some serious merit under the hood per say.

The whole perspective theme running strongly underplot was well written and the additions of extra voices really made production on this piece well wrought.

Computers can have squidges too. Just look at Vista, comes with preinstalled squidges for you conveinence.

cammoblammo

Post by cammoblammo » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:01 pm

Yeah, this was the reason I come to the Drabblecast. A fun story that doesn't take itself too seriously backed up by great production. And the drabble caught me by surprise, even though I'd already read it in the forum.

Are the Dunesteef guys still holding their microphones? And where was Ro8ot?
It is something that has to be proved scientifically, that a human being turned into a goat.

The Dunesteef

Post by The Dunesteef » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:39 pm

Yeah, still holding the mics. We just try to edit out the clicks and burps and stuff (what would you call that sound your hand makes when it rubs on a microphone?).

You didn't notice 080T's part. He was reading the lines of the car.
Check out some great short stories at The Dunesteef Audio Fiction Magazine

The Dunesteef

Post by The Dunesteef » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:41 pm

by the way, Norm, that stuff with the air filter and the radiator and the I-Phone was friggin' brilliant. I laughed out loud...it was a true LOL.

cammoblammo

Post by cammoblammo » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:04 pm

The Dunesteef wrote:I laughed out loud...it was a true LOL.
I'm so glad to see someone use a true LOL. It seems to get used too often as a way to separate multiple exclamation marks!!! lol !!! I've seen my wife use it a few times, and she gets really upset when I call her a liar.

'Oh come on, I didn't even hear you titter...!

SMACK!!!! lolololololol!!!!!
It is something that has to be proved scientifically, that a human being turned into a goat.

The Dunesteef

Post by The Dunesteef » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:08 pm

Yeah, it bugs me too. I try to never use it unless I really laughed out loud. But then most likely I'll actually write the whole thing out, because the abbreviation LOL doesn't really mean what it stands for anymore. Too many times I've seen people write it after things that aren't remotely funny, so I've given up on it...hmm...we may have to do a podcast about this whole issue sometime.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:23 am

I use it when I really laughed and also when I'm being ironic. Like "Deficit spending on make-work projects is a good plan for revitalizing a stalled economy, LOL!" In either case, it indicates a genuine reaction, not just an exclamation point.

You should be aware, though, that the Drabblecast preferred construction is to say "laugh out louded." It makes you sound more smartful.
Advertise in this space!

strawman

Post by strawman » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:53 am

Grrr. OK Tweedy, yer smart-ass is banned from Canada, ay.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

Goldenrat

Post by Goldenrat » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:21 pm

cammoblammo wrote:Yeah, this was the reason I come to the Drabblecast. A fun story that doesn't take itself too seriously backed up by great production. And the drabble caught me by surprise, even though I'd already read it in the forum.
What he said. Exactly.
Raise your fists and scream "black smut"!

Goldenrat

Post by Goldenrat » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:24 pm

Mr. Tweedy wrote:I use it when I really laughed and also when I'm being ironic. Like "Deficit spending on make-work projects is a good plan for revitalizing a stalled economy, LOL!"
ROFLOLOMG!!!
Raise your fists and scream "black smut"!

strawman

Post by strawman » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:13 pm

Mr. Tweedy wrote: "Deficit spending on make-work projects is a good plan for revitalizing a stalled economy, LOL!"
Paraphrase: Those who owe billions will be rescued by those who owe trillions using funds appropriated from those who owe thousands. This is NOT a Ponzi scheme.
(LedOLUTSE)(':shock:')
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:43 pm

Hmm...

I feel guilt that I have inadvertently steered this thread away from the story and onto the inspiring *ahem* topic of the brilliant *ahem* rulers of the United States.

Fortunately this should be easy to remedy. Going from talking about our legislative and executive branches to talking about invisible pests that gum up engines should be a smooth and logical transition.
Advertise in this space!

zZzacha

Post by zZzacha » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:29 pm

Mr. Tweedy wrote:Hmm...

I feel guilt that I have inadvertently steered this thread away from the story and onto the inspiring *ahem* topic of the brilliant *ahem* rulers of the United States.

Fortunately this should be easy to remedy. Going from talking about our legislative and executive branches to talking about invisible pests that gum up engines should be a smooth and logical transition.
Well, there you have it. You totally killed the whole thread. Luckily I am around, willing and able to put some life into this thread again:

OMG, I totally LOL'ed! I mean, I was like, "OMG!" and then I ROFL'd.

So, back to our topic! I voted for "Squidge conversation now!" so, even though the poll actually says 'conSerVation', I wanna conversate about squidges. And throw in some LOLs too, because you can NEVER really LOL too much.
I'll be there in 5 minutes. If not, read this again.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:01 am

I feel the need to thrown in some more teen talk.

Dude- That was kewl. The previous two ep's were a little heavy, but this was the shaizzle.

Did you notice that they didn't even check the headlight fluid?
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Kehama

Post by Kehama » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:29 pm

When I saw this story pulling out onto the highway of fun I said to myself "Wow! This story looks like it's going somewhere interesting!" so I hopped in and off we went. A couple miles later the story stopped in the middle of the road and told me to get out. Apparently it wasn't going anywhere at all. I feel like I got an interesting setup but no payoff. This makes me a sad Panda.

zZzacha

Post by zZzacha » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:26 pm

Kehama wrote:This makes me a sad Panda.
True. Sometimes, the stories Norm tells us make us sad pandas. And that is truly sad.

But sadness can be a very beautiful thing too. A very sad looking panda always brings a big smile on my face. So, in being a very sad panda, you are actually helping me smile. Ain't that beautiful?

Ah, I'm in a X-mas mood today
Smiling all sadness away
On this funny B-day, hooray!
I'll be there in 5 minutes. If not, read this again.