Page 1 of 2

Drabblecast 094 - Squidges

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:42 pm
by Mr. Tweedy
Squidges by Thomas Canfield

Image

"Squidges?" This was a term I hadn't heard before. I was used to Maine brother colloquialisms, they had adopted a vocabulary largely unique to themselves, but this went beyond even that...

Drabble - "The Night Sky" by Wonko

The Dunesteef

Image

Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:07 pm
by Mr. Tweedy
I like. Simple, cute, innocent.

Not much to comment on, but it made me feel a little happy fuzzy, which is always nice.

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:10 am
by poorturtle
fun story..

btw hello everyone! i've been listening for a while and for whatever reason, decided to post.

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:30 am
by Mr. Tweedy
poorturtle wrote:fun story..

btw hello everyone! i've been listening for a while and for whatever reason, decided to post.
Welcome! There is no bad reason to post. All posts are welcomed with big hugs and hot chocolate... Unless you're Canadian, in which case, get lost.

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:22 pm
by RicV
he dabble wat. my commute smile which is a status few podcast meterial gets.

Squidges was a good story, great piece of flash fiction with some serious merit under the hood per say.

The whole perspective theme running strongly underplot was well written and the additions of extra voices really made production on this piece well wrought.

Computers can have squidges too. Just look at Vista, comes with preinstalled squidges for you conveinence.

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:01 pm
by cammoblammo
Yeah, this was the reason I come to the Drabblecast. A fun story that doesn't take itself too seriously backed up by great production. And the drabble caught me by surprise, even though I'd already read it in the forum.

Are the Dunesteef guys still holding their microphones? And where was Ro8ot?

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:39 pm
by The Dunesteef
Yeah, still holding the mics. We just try to edit out the clicks and burps and stuff (what would you call that sound your hand makes when it rubs on a microphone?).

You didn't notice 080T's part. He was reading the lines of the car.

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:41 pm
by The Dunesteef
by the way, Norm, that stuff with the air filter and the radiator and the I-Phone was friggin' brilliant. I laughed out loud...it was a true LOL.

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:04 pm
by cammoblammo
The Dunesteef wrote:I laughed out loud...it was a true LOL.
I'm so glad to see someone use a true LOL. It seems to get used too often as a way to separate multiple exclamation marks!!! lol !!! I've seen my wife use it a few times, and she gets really upset when I call her a liar.

'Oh come on, I didn't even hear you titter...!

SMACK!!!! lolololololol!!!!!

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:08 pm
by The Dunesteef
Yeah, it bugs me too. I try to never use it unless I really laughed out loud. But then most likely I'll actually write the whole thing out, because the abbreviation LOL doesn't really mean what it stands for anymore. Too many times I've seen people write it after things that aren't remotely funny, so I've given up on it...hmm...we may have to do a podcast about this whole issue sometime.

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:23 am
by Mr. Tweedy
I use it when I really laughed and also when I'm being ironic. Like "Deficit spending on make-work projects is a good plan for revitalizing a stalled economy, LOL!" In either case, it indicates a genuine reaction, not just an exclamation point.

You should be aware, though, that the Drabblecast preferred construction is to say "laugh out louded." It makes you sound more smartful.

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:53 am
by strawman
Grrr. OK Tweedy, yer smart-ass is banned from Canada, ay.

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:21 pm
by Goldenrat
cammoblammo wrote:Yeah, this was the reason I come to the Drabblecast. A fun story that doesn't take itself too seriously backed up by great production. And the drabble caught me by surprise, even though I'd already read it in the forum.
What he said. Exactly.

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:24 pm
by Goldenrat
Mr. Tweedy wrote:I use it when I really laughed and also when I'm being ironic. Like "Deficit spending on make-work projects is a good plan for revitalizing a stalled economy, LOL!"
ROFLOLOMG!!!

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:13 pm
by strawman
Mr. Tweedy wrote: "Deficit spending on make-work projects is a good plan for revitalizing a stalled economy, LOL!"
Paraphrase: Those who owe billions will be rescued by those who owe trillions using funds appropriated from those who owe thousands. This is NOT a Ponzi scheme.
(LedOLUTSE)(':shock:')

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:43 pm
by Mr. Tweedy
Hmm...

I feel guilt that I have inadvertently steered this thread away from the story and onto the inspiring *ahem* topic of the brilliant *ahem* rulers of the United States.

Fortunately this should be easy to remedy. Going from talking about our legislative and executive branches to talking about invisible pests that gum up engines should be a smooth and logical transition.

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:29 pm
by zZzacha
Mr. Tweedy wrote:Hmm...

I feel guilt that I have inadvertently steered this thread away from the story and onto the inspiring *ahem* topic of the brilliant *ahem* rulers of the United States.

Fortunately this should be easy to remedy. Going from talking about our legislative and executive branches to talking about invisible pests that gum up engines should be a smooth and logical transition.
Well, there you have it. You totally killed the whole thread. Luckily I am around, willing and able to put some life into this thread again:

OMG, I totally LOL'ed! I mean, I was like, "OMG!" and then I ROFL'd.

So, back to our topic! I voted for "Squidge conversation now!" so, even though the poll actually says 'conSerVation', I wanna conversate about squidges. And throw in some LOLs too, because you can NEVER really LOL too much.

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:01 am
by tbaker2500
I feel the need to thrown in some more teen talk.

Dude- That was kewl. The previous two ep's were a little heavy, but this was the shaizzle.

Did you notice that they didn't even check the headlight fluid?

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:29 pm
by Kehama
When I saw this story pulling out onto the highway of fun I said to myself "Wow! This story looks like it's going somewhere interesting!" so I hopped in and off we went. A couple miles later the story stopped in the middle of the road and told me to get out. Apparently it wasn't going anywhere at all. I feel like I got an interesting setup but no payoff. This makes me a sad Panda.

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:26 pm
by zZzacha
Kehama wrote:This makes me a sad Panda.
True. Sometimes, the stories Norm tells us make us sad pandas. And that is truly sad.

But sadness can be a very beautiful thing too. A very sad looking panda always brings a big smile on my face. So, in being a very sad panda, you are actually helping me smile. Ain't that beautiful?

Ah, I'm in a X-mas mood today
Smiling all sadness away
On this funny B-day, hooray!