Drabblecast 257 - Judgement Passed

Discuss episodes and stories from the Drabblecast Main Feed and from Drabbleclassics
Unblinking

Re: Drabblecast 257 - Judgement Passed

Post by Unblinking » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:56 pm

Anyhoo, now to talk about the story.

This is my favorite kind of story that centers around expanding some aspect of religion, the nature of God, the afterlife, into something tangible and observable. If I had to label myself, I think I'd call myself an Agnostic Theist. Most of the time I feel like there's something out there, but am never really sure what it is.

It's a fair point that these people probably should've been seen to grieve more for their lost family and friends, but:
1. They were expecting to be gone a very long time, and so had probably already grieved the loss of the people they weren't expecting to see again, or at least see again any time soon.
2. I think the moment of their arrival was summarized, not shown onscreen (has been a couple weeks so I don't totally remember that detail). I think that the grieving happened, it's just not part of this story.

More of this kind of story please!

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Re: Drabblecast 257 - Judgement Passed

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:02 am

tbaker2500 wrote:
startreksteve wrote:Amazing story!
Hoping for a sequel though!
Was it really god? or just an alien farmer come to reap his crop of human fodder?

Steve
Sadly, I hadn't thought of that possibility. That is food for thought.
Sure, and when the alien comes back (age old technique, perfected by Genghis Khan, let the "survivors" dig out and think they escaped the storm, then come back and slaughter them too), he tells the story's characters: "Fodder, why hath thou forsaken me?"