Drabblecast 118 - The Relativity Prison

Discuss episodes and stories from the Drabblecast Main Feed and from Drabbleclassics

Totally creepy?

Yup.
67%
Nah.
14%
Meh.
19%

Total votes: 21

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Re: Re:

Post by tbaker2500 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:47 pm

Unblinking wrote:
strawman wrote:I agree with treeman (apparently cellulosic minds think alike)
I propose we call our postpartisan (postpartum) party NIPPLES, since everybody's got two of them (unless they had to surgically remove them).
That's not true. Some people have three. We'd have to be careful how we treat dogs too, as they have six--meaning they'd get triple the votes, right? Cows to a lesser extent (having four).
Yea, he didn't quote it in full.
Everybody's got two of them,
Unless you maybe have a birth defect,
Or had to surgically remove them.

If you don't know the source, you really need to buy Norm's CD.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Re: Drabblecast 118- The Relativity Prison by Igor Teper

Post by ROU Killing Time » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:35 pm

Mr. Tweedy wrote:The sequel was appalling garbage. A sequel for the sake of a sequel, a $$$ sequel, soulless, uncreative and packed to bursting with silly clichés. Avoid.

I thought of this story the other day when I was engrossed in a Facebook debate on Calvinism. (Calvin was whack, yo.) Calvinism is the relativity prison.
Calvinism is the ultimate rigged game.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

startreksteve

Post by startreksteve » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:59 am

I presume you are referring to the Original version of The Ring as being the creepiest movie..
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0178868/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The US remake isn't a patch on the original Japanese version.
Steve

Unblinking

Post by Unblinking » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:50 pm

ROU Killing Time wrote:
Mr. Tweedy wrote:I was totally creeped out by "The Ring" (still my fav horror movie), and for a while after I saw it, I would feel apprehensive every time I encountered an object that had appeared on The Tape. In this story, the whole universe is on the tape, and the whole thing is creepy.
I was just thinking about that movie this morning, oddly enough. I have to echo the sentiments that it's about the creepiest movie ever put down on celluloid, and not because the imagery was particularly grotesque (certainly not, by modern post Clive Barker standards) but the psychologically horrific aspects were so well done, with allusion at first, leading up to what was the best horror denouement I think I've ever experienced...

I hear the sequel was meh though.
I've only seen the American remake. I really liked the movie, good horror stuff, up until the final reveal. And that final reveal was so so dumb that I'm not sure I like the movie anymore. If I retcon that part out it's not too bad.

Unblinking

Post by Unblinking » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:52 pm

tbaker2500 wrote:
Unblinking wrote:
strawman wrote:I agree with treeman (apparently cellulosic minds think alike)
I propose we call our postpartisan (postpartum) party NIPPLES, since everybody's got two of them (unless they had to surgically remove them).
That's not true. Some people have three. We'd have to be careful how we treat dogs too, as they have six--meaning they'd get triple the votes, right? Cows to a lesser extent (having four).
Yea, he didn't quote it in full.
Everybody's got two of them,
Unless you maybe have a birth defect,
Or had to surgically remove them.

If you don't know the source, you really need to buy Norm's CD.
I asked for it for Christmas, but Santa brought me Ace of Bass instead. (To be fair, I also asked for that). I do want to buy it sometime soon, and I'm looking forward to his Bbardle CD too. Also, I need to go get a Jonathan Coulton CD--probably the one with "Creepy Doll".

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:56 pm

I have seen both. The American version is superior.
Advertise in this space!

TheBigBadG

Re: Drabblecast 118 - The Relativity Prison

Post by TheBigBadG » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:31 pm

Excellent outro. I really wasn't expecting it. Anything that means the people I walk past give me 'that look' because I'm giggling at them uncontrollably is uber-awesomes. I love it when absurdism unveils the absurdity in life, excellent satire.

Varda
Connor Choadsworth Defender

Re:

Post by Varda » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:48 am

Oh boy. Where to start with this one?! Great episode from start to finish. I thought the main feature was very good horror. A world of passive voice! In Soviet Russia, world lives you! Nicely executed.

But oh, the intro and outtro were truly brilliant. Spot-on political satire all around, and I didn't expect the bonus spliced together news clips at the end in the least. MUTANT SEA TURTLES!!1!!!one!!!!!

And then I get here and read this thread, and completely fall to pieces when I read this:
strawman wrote:I agree with treeman (apparently cellulosic minds think alike). However, the senate idea has the same problem as Jehovah's Witnesses. Millions of players, only 144,000 winners.
But all that's required to fix that is an amendment whereby everyone gets their senate seat in exchange for a DC PayPal donation.
Bo would create our campaign poster, Uncle Sam with a milk mustache: "Got Milk? Vote Nipples!"
Debate formats would be rap.
Just because we're postpartisan doesn't mean we aren't deadly serious about the really important issues. But the most important issue is Giant Mutant Turtle/Monster Jelly Fish. After all, the earth is 80% water, and as England knows, whoever controls the waves controls the world.
Only clowns fight to control Minnefreakinsota.
Get ready for 1066 redux: Invasion of the Normans!
Or 1865 Redux: Sherman's march to the Sea!
Either way, it's not unprecedented.
Oh god. The laughter. Make it stop. Can't. breathe.

Whoever's in charge of ShermanPAC needs to get on the ball and start showing some Nipples before the next election.
Medical Microfiction: Stories about Science

Drabblescout Badges:
Merits: Twabble Author (5), Drabble Author (4), DRIP Slave Volunteer (2), Whittling (1), Macaroni Crafts (2)
Demerits: Redd*t Rouser (2), Whittler's Mother (6)