Drabblecast 316 – A Memory of Seafood

Discuss episodes and stories from the Drabblecast Main Feed and from Drabbleclassics
Algernon Sydney is Dead

Drabblecast 316 – A Memory of Seafood

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:16 am

Feature: A Memory of Seafood by Tina Connolly
Drabble: A Traveller From a Distant Land by Nathan Lee
Genres: Sci-Fi

Sunday, March 16th, 2014
This week’s column is not about a restaurant, exactly, but about a memory. A distinct and painful memory, like a softened tooth you can’t help but poke at with your tongue to see if it still hurts.

Episode Art: Kelly MacAvaney
Read by: Angela Lee
First appeared in Yog's Notebook, 2007

Twabble: “ Midget zombies tore at the doors, their groans filling the bunker. “That’s the last time I read from the Micronomicon!” ” by Kbilly

MartinForgeWorks

Re: Drabblecast 316 – A Memory of Seafood

Post by MartinForgeWorks » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:34 am

Humm eating the old chef, at least I think that's what I heard. I listen to many story's in bed at night and I fell asleep twice before I made it through the whole thing. ......what does Drabble Cast do to my dreams???

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:49 am

It's been a long time since I had a major complaint about Drabblecast audio (other than the levels not being normalized -- which my post-download script does to every podcast I listen to, these days). But, the main story has very annoying audio. The sound's distorted, and there's a hard to ignore background hiss and warble.

That's on the downloaded file. My automatic processing for standard spoken-word (Normalize, compress, filter for speech (midrange male, AKA "Dean Martin"), makes this main story impossible to listen to in normal circumstances.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:18 am

MartinForgeWorks wrote:Humm eating the old chef, at least I think that's what I heard. I listen to many story's in bed at night and I fell asleep twice before I made it through the whole thing. ......what does Drabble Cast do to my dreams???
I have to admit, the same for me. :-)
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

El Barto

Post by El Barto » Sun May 18, 2014 4:31 pm

I gave up on this one after ten minutes. Between the poor quality of the audio and the rapid speed of the narration I just couldn't understand it.

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sun May 18, 2014 5:50 pm

You can find the story in written form at http://www.drabblecast.org/2014/03/16/d ... y-seafood/