Drabblecast 422 – The Full Moon Group

Discuss episodes and stories from the Drabblecast Main Feed and from Drabbleclassics
mightytwix
Forums Czar

Post by mightytwix » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:34 pm

By: Dianne M. Williams
Time was running out, and Matt couldn’t stand the thought of driving home for the change. He turned off the car in the parking lot across the street from the stone church and checked the address. The internet ad said: “Shifter Support — we welcome all shifters. We take security seriously…

Episode art by Jon Stubbington
Read by Trendane Sparks
Twabble: The forensics man looked up from the nudist colony bench and frowned. Sorry captain, he said, this evidence is tainted. by Ichabod
I keep telling you I grow sorghum...

mightytwix
Forums Czar

Re: Drabblecast 422 – The Full Moon Group

Post by mightytwix » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:48 pm

In these trying times, this for me was a great regrounding in the weird and a needed distraction from the world. This is classic Drabblecast.

Point 1: Intro for Depends.... This was just down right weird and amazing. From the the natural distain for babies we all share to embracing laziness of moving 10 ft to defecate it was win all the way. I was actually in a coffee shop with a screaming baby strapped to my chest, and a big dumb smile on my face. So good.

Point 2: The main story. I cant say how much I loved this, the great turns of the story to the narration, I was transported away. Such a great reimagining of the werewolf storyline. When Matt describes the hazards of turning into a were-teddy bear at a college dorm was so true (recalls passing out at a party and getting permanent marker tattoos). The characters were identifiable, and each felt unique. The happy ending was just what the story needed.
I keep telling you I grow sorghum...

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:08 am

Thanks twix! These are indeed weird and amazing times we live in. I too loved the alternate "coming out" angle that Matt went through. I also reeeaally wasnt expecting a happy ending when I first read this and was glad that it delivered!
"Give us all some Jelly"

ScubaMan

Post by ScubaMan » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:21 pm

I honestly couldn't tell if this episode was on the up-and-up on the product placement. And you know what, ...don't care! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Mighty fine use of of my monthly donation. Bravo, sir.
============ Toronto, Ontario, Canada ============
High School Science Teacher, Gentleman Forester, Weekend Walrus.
=======================================