There are more fish in the sea (Part 1) @)) Drabble

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
themorg

There are more fish in the sea (Part 1) @)) Drabble

Post by themorg » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:04 am

“An explosive device rocked the normally quiet sea side market this morning, 9 confirmed dead, many hurt” I heard the news caster say.

the officer glared down his nose at me and said.

“So a talking fish asked you to sell him dynamite yesterday?”

“i never expected the Carp to bomb the market.” I heard myself saying while I saw two men struggles with another body.

More sirens rang in the distanced fueling the growing fear inside.

“Damn fundamentalist sea carp, how was I to know.” i felt fall from my lips as I realized this carnage was my fault.

This story is approved by the author to be podcast.
@)) Drabble

Drabbillus Haventnpigeonholdhimus
http://www.drabblesbymorg.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

themorg

Re: There are more fish in the sea

Post by themorg » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:16 am

sorry if the picture is inappropriate it was from a the movie "Noodling and other thing 2:the little one always gets away" one of my favorite moves of all time.
http://www.drabblesbymorg.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:21 pm

Welcome to the forums. Is English your native tongue? (Just wondering.)

Interesting drabble. Almost a cross between a fairy tale and a Tom Clancy story... Is the carp a terrorist or a freedom fighter? :P

BTW, I only count 96 words, not 100. (Or 1096, if you count the picture.) :wink:

Phenopath

Post by Phenopath » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:44 pm

Welcome to the forums themorg!
Phenopath's Story Archive
The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

themorg

Post by themorg » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:24 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Welcome to the forums. Is English your native tongue? (Just wondering.)

Interesting drabble. Almost a cross between a fairy tale and a Tom Clancy story... Is the carp a terrorist or a freedom fighter? :P

BTW, I only count 96 words, not 100. (Or 1096, if you count the picture.) :wink:
thanks for catching that it was only 96 words. Ill fix that, English is my native tongue but i am massively dyslexic and my writing has always been questioned if i speak English as my first language. My spoken English is how i compensate for poor writing ability. i worked in radio for 6 years and taught English as a second language in china. thanks for the kind words.

If Tom Clancy had seen the Asian Carps invasion videos i believe it would be a weapon or a tactic in one of the Rainbow 6 games.