It's a Wonderful Business

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
F5iver

It's a Wonderful Business

Post by F5iver » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:07 am

G.B. Clones, LLC had another client in the form of one more town that could pull together the funds. What did they buy? Their very own George Bailey. Just spending a few minutes with the clone could change a citizen from desperate to fulfilled, a life of meaning and goodness. The G.Bs absorbed the ill will and discouragement like sponges. The poorer towns spiraled down into Pottervilles, seeded by G.B. Clones years before, terrifying those towns nearby into frantic Bailey bidding wars. Warped, frustrated towns named their daughters “Mary,” training them to say, “George Bailey, I’m glad I knew you.”

dreamrock

Re: It's a Wonderful Business

Post by dreamrock » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:18 am

Nice take on the proliferation of It's A Wonderful Life with a SF/Horror bent. Is G.B. Clones, LLC run by Mr. Potter? You only need one after all.
Dribblecast: A Community-Driven Podcast | Troll Jammies

"There's no such thing as enough Tequila."

F5iver

Post by F5iver » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:16 pm

dreamrock wrote:Nice take on the proliferation of It's A Wonderful Life with a SF/Horror bent. Is G.B. Clones, LLC run by Mr. Potter? You only need one after all.
Hmmm....
Yes, I think that's a great way for Potter to utilize the "boil on his neck" and make money from the venture. Maybe I'll revamp the story for such a situation.

F5iver

Post by F5iver » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:21 pm

REVAMPED:

G.B. Clones, LLC had another client in the form of another town that could pull together the funds. What did they buy? Their very own George Bailey. Just spending a few minutes with the clone could change a citizen from desperate to fulfilled, a life of meaning and goodness. The G.Bs absorbed the ill will and discouragement like sponges. The poorer towns spiraled down into Pottervilles, seeded by G.B. Clones’s C.O., Henry Potter, terrifying those towns nearby into frantic Bailey bidding wars. Warped, frustrated towns named their daughters “Mary,” training them to say, “George Bailey, I’m glad I knew you.”