Homeostasis

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
Phenopath

Homeostasis

Post by Phenopath » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:09 pm

Michael woke late to the sound of silence. All of the noises of the city that had recently disturbed his sleep were absent. Light poured into the bedroom through gaps in the curtains. Peering bleary-eyed out of the window Michael was greeted by a dazzling vista of white.

Thick fresh snow blanketed the street outside; smothering trees, rooftops and burnt out cars. Amid the carpet of white the zombie horde was motionless, frozen like grotesque street furniture. Their hideous rampage halted overnight by a freezing easterly wind.

Reaching for his trusty cricket bat Micheal cautiously started to climb the barricade.
Phenopath's Story Archive
The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

eric_marsh

Re: Homeostasis

Post by eric_marsh » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:24 pm

I wish I had a photograph. Snow is so beautiful, don't you think?
Life is a tragedy for those who feel, but a comedy to those who think. - Horace Walpole
Eric's Drabbles: http://eric-marsh.blogspot.com/"

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:31 am

It's been snowing quite a bit here in Cape Cod, and I have to agree. There are few sights as pretty as snow covered zombies.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

munsi

Post by munsi » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:54 am

everything's more awesome with zombies, this is a good one

themorg

Post by themorg » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:17 am

i like the way it grew. made me feel normal then scary apocalyptic then funny.

Cricket bad? where does it snow enough that they both play cricket and would freeze long enough to stop zombies... because it does have to get really cold for a zombie to fully stop.

(BTW) i did like it a lot.
Drabbillus Haventnpigeonholdhimus
http://www.drabblesbymorg.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

Phenopath

Post by Phenopath » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:40 pm

themorg wrote: Cricket bad? where does it snow enough that they both play cricket and would freeze long enough to stop zombies... because it does have to get really cold for a zombie to fully stop.
We have had zombie freezing weather in the UK recently, however it is begining to thaw...
Phenopath's Story Archive
The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

themorg

Post by themorg » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:25 am

Phenopath wrote:We have had zombie freezing weather in the UK recently, however it is begining to thaw...
that is where you need to start the next drabble to finish the story of your main character working all day, every day, bashing in the heads of zombies until it thaws. thanks for the nice answer to a stupid question.
Drabbillus Haventnpigeonholdhimus
http://www.drabblesbymorg.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

dreamrock

Post by dreamrock » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:48 pm

I ... wow. Yeah. It blew my mind when I heard this on DC today because I had just read it here last night and though "Oh, that's an awesome drabble!" And then Norm was all like "and here's Phenopath's Homeostasis."

I love the idea of zombies freezing over. I really love the idea of a British chap destroying them all with a cricket bat. I love the fact that the zombies aren't cutesified. As much as I love cutesified zombies. Change is good.
Dribblecast: A Community-Driven Podcast | Troll Jammies

"There's no such thing as enough Tequila."