Country Life

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
dreamrock

Country Life

Post by dreamrock » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:19 am

“Mommy, we haven’t seen your car in awhile. Where’s it been?” Tammy asked.

Eleanore panicked. She hadn’t realized this day would come so soon.

Timmy and Tanya were interested too. They gathered around her like a council of velociraptors.

“Well, darlings. That car, you know how much she hated the city—”

“But we’re five miles outside of the city!” Timmy said, arms crossed and lip curled.

Damned Edmund. Why’d he give the kids GPS for Christmas anyway?

“Even five miles was too close. You remember how much she loves chasing after cows. She’s happier in the country, pestering the chickens!”
Dribblecast: A Community-Driven Podcast | Troll Jammies

"There's no such thing as enough Tequila."

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Re: Country Life

Post by ROU Killing Time » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:39 am

"like a council of velociraptors."

hehe

The sad truth is that it seems obvious that the family car went to "automobile heaven."

When the children figure that out, will they ever be able to forgive their mother for being deprived of the chance to properly mourn the family vehicle?
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

dreamrock

Post by dreamrock » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:45 am

ROU Killing Time wrote:"like a council of velociraptors."

hehe

The sad truth is that it seems obvious that the family car went to "automobile heaven."

When the children figure that out, will they ever be able to forgive their mother for being deprived of the chance to properly mourn the family vehicle?
:lol: I'm a huge fan of the elaborate "to the farm" stories that parents supposedly tell their kids. Much like I'm a fan of cranky old men (can't wait to be one, so serious it hurts).

I have no idea if the kids will forgive their mother for telling tales about the loss of their beloved vehicle. My parents always told us the truth about stuff like that. And Santa, and Tooth Fairies. But one day when those kids decide to try meth and their parents catch them at it, whether finding out the truth the hard way hurt them or not, I'm sure the clever little bastards will remember the story about the vehicle on that fateful day and use it as delicious ammunition.
Dribblecast: A Community-Driven Podcast | Troll Jammies

"There's no such thing as enough Tequila."

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:04 am

I used to get in fights with kids at school about Santa. In kindergarten, I patiently explained to my classmates that their parents bought their presents for them from such retailers as K-Mart and Toys'R'Us, wrapped them, and put them under the tree with their own hands.

"That's not true! Our presents don't appear until Christmas morning."
"That's because your parents keep them in the closet until you go to bed Christmas Eve. Then they bring them out."
"No! Santa brings them! Mommy said so."
"How does he get in your house? Do you even have a chimney?"

This resulted in a call to my parents, who explained to me that some minds are not ready to unplugged from The Matrix... or something like that.
Advertise in this space!