Extra Income from Home

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
Dame

Extra Income from Home

Post by Dame » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:20 am

Other than the landing, Jim figured that Suicide wasn't all that bad. He liked the yellow/green thing going on with the walls and floor in the salon, but on the landing, Suicide looked sickly and somehow made the stairs seem smaller. He put Murder on the landing, all the way up to the attic where the red looked really classy. That left Gluttony for the kitchen and Lust in the bedroom.

He rubbed his hands in anticipation of incoming rent, not realising that Avarice wasn't one of his contracted sins. A chance heart attack sent him into next door's basement.

Phenopath

Re: Extra Income from Home

Post by Phenopath » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:27 am

This drabble left me a little confused, not 'always' a bad thing (just ask themorg). I think that it may need a little polish on the second paragraph.
Phenopath's Story Archive
The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Dame

Post by Dame » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:50 am

Heh, yes - It seems perfectly obvious to me that he is renting out his house as extensions to the circles of hell (and that his neighbour is doing the same.) Perhaps the insertion of the words " for eternity," at the very end would clear things up slightly, but I would have to sacrifice two words earlier, and the little things scream so...

Thanks for the response. You have a scary face. Is it yours?

Phenopath

Post by Phenopath » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:57 am

Ah yes gotcha, those extra two words make all the difference.

Keep 'em coming.

(it is not my face, I borrowed it)
Phenopath's Story Archive
The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Dame

Post by Dame » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:27 am

It is a good face. It does a lot of work. Does the owner mind? Is it someone famous who I should know?