Our Closest Relative

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
Scattercat

Our Closest Relative

Post by Scattercat » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:58 am

The hairy creature squirmed in his hands. "Wait! Wait, please! Don't you recognize me?"

Ekee peered at the baboon, nostrils flaring. The scent was familiar...

"You knew me when we were young. We played together under the fig trees in the fruiting season."

"Ah!" said Ekee. His dark fur settled, shrinking his apparent size. "Yes, I see now."

The baboon wriggled, but Ekee's grip was iron. "Please! Do you hate me so much?"

"No," said Ekee. "I remember you fondly. I bear you no ill will." He patted the baboon on the head. "But I'm hungry."

His jaws clamped down.

---

So are there rules about this? I literally do one of these every day; I've been only posting ones that I think were better than average, but even so I feel like I'm posting a bit *too* often.

munsi

Re: Our Closest Relative

Post by munsi » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:16 am

no rules i know of. i do approx one a day and post 'em when i especially like 'em myself, and so far i've not gotten complaints for spamming the board. and yours, to date, have been very strong...

strawman

Post by strawman » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:42 pm

Really, it's a problem that there are only unwritten rules here, except for the one about having to make a paypal donation if you want to use a :twisted: in a post.
Otherwise, the main rule is to try to entertain one another in a way that will make the forum a fun place to come. Which, btw, so far your drabbles have done in a kickass way. Thanks!
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:30 am

You forgot the rule about not having your first drabble posting get picked up by the editors...

A rule that SOME people (who shall remain nameless *cough*munsi*cough*) completely ignored.

Yes, keep posting.

Myself, I echo Strawman's comment that you are a welcome and entertaining addition to these here forums.

Oh ya, try to keep the post count to a minimum. There's a few posters around here who completely ignore that rule too.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.