Thank you, Daddy

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
babydyke

Thank you, Daddy

Post by babydyke » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:31 pm

Jeannie rummaged around impatiently, tossing unwanted items over her shoulder. Snapshots of lively family barbecues, childhood toys, and school photos flapped through the air. “Dammit, daddy, where’d you put it?” She muttered.

Farther down, Jeannie began to find the pictures she wasn’t supposed to see—embarrassing moments, secrets, private sins—but she didn’t waste time on those images either. Reaching into the last corner, Jeannie finally found the jackpot: photographs of her father’s bank account and credit card numbers.

Jeannie withdrew her fingers from her father’s mind and kissed his slack jaw. “Thanks, daddy!” She chirped. It was party time.
A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head. ~C.S. Lewis

manintheshack

Re: Thank you, Daddy

Post by manintheshack » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:14 pm

That punchline was entirely unexpected, but entirely welcome. This one pretty much demands an instant re-read after that last paragraph. Awesome drabble!
"I kick arse for the Lord."

babydyke

Post by babydyke » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:29 pm

Thanks very much! I wasn't sure if the image (heh) would work for anyone other than me. My aunt has a photographic memory, and my mom is obsessed with family photos, has bins and bins of them. Somehow, the two ideas combined to have really weird offspring.
A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head. ~C.S. Lewis

flyawaybefree

Post by flyawaybefree » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:09 am

Children with mind-reading powers can be dangerous then... to you and your money.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss

uncre8d1

Post by uncre8d1 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:49 am

great drabble, love the ending.
This post is made of at least 60% recycled letters. Want to help keep the Internet clean? You can, by sweeping any excess letters you may find into the 'reply' box.