Panic

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
flyawaybefree

Panic

Post by flyawaybefree » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:35 pm

She began to sink within the blue water down into the deep abyss, lungs burning for oxygen.

Get air, her mind chanted.

She kicked her legs, trying to break away from this dragging, but she sank further and further away from the glimmering light of the surface.

Assaulting emotions.
She had to breathe.

Inhaling salt water, the world became very dark…

Opening her eyes and sitting up, she reading the note left for her to see.

“Thank you for participating in the National Panic Study. Enclosed- $5 for your trouble.”

The things a college student does for money, she thought.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss

CLP

Re: Panic

Post by CLP » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:45 pm

Ha! This is cool. I almost participated in a sleep study where you had to sleep three consecutive nights in the hospital hooked up to all kinds of equipment. it paid $250. But i chickened out.
Science Fiction Laboratory http://www.clperria.weebly.com

flyawaybefree

Re: Panic

Post by flyawaybefree » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:33 am

CLP wrote:Ha! This is cool. I almost participated in a sleep study where you had to sleep three consecutive nights in the hospital hooked up to all kinds of equipment. it paid $250. But i chickened out.
Well, most studies are kind of fun to do, like this one about identifying eight different faces that I did once... this one, not so much.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss