Consummation

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
Scattercat

Consummation

Post by Scattercat » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:09 am

It will be tonight.

After work, his time is solely devoted to primping, dressing, dressing again, and a few careful dabs of cologne. It has to be perfect.

The light spills into the room as he opens the door. From outside, he can see only hints and edges, gleaming, polished, and sharp. She is a most elegant construction. He closes the door. It's better with some mystery to it.

He slides into the place meant for him. "I love you," he whispers to her.

As the blades slip into him, he knows, utterly and perfectly, that she loves him, too.

flyawaybefree

Re: Consummation

Post by flyawaybefree » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:59 pm

This leaves me with a lot of questions- is that what's supposed to happen in some alien ritual, or is she killing him... I like it though
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss

uncre8d1

Post by uncre8d1 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:35 pm

I love this story because it makes good use of what I think of as a 'lovecraftic void' - as I read it my mind is dropping in all sorts of creepy details that are neither stated nor implied, but that my mental perception insists must be there.
This post is made of at least 60% recycled letters. Want to help keep the Internet clean? You can, by sweeping any excess letters you may find into the 'reply' box.

uncre8d1

Post by uncre8d1 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:07 am

...and because it's all Shrike-y. I likey Shrikey.
This post is made of at least 60% recycled letters. Want to help keep the Internet clean? You can, by sweeping any excess letters you may find into the 'reply' box.