Rhetorical Questions

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
Scattercat

Rhetorical Questions

Post by Scattercat » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:50 am

"How do you make a man-eating plant?" The professor stalked away, turning his gaze on the panoramic view of the chasm.

"I don't-"

"Rhetorical question!" snapped the professor. "I could talk about hybridizing and nutrient mixes. But really, it's more about us than the plants. It's about poison in the water and the sky and the ground. It's about fires and bulldozers and resorts and manicured over-fertilized lawns."

Fleshy green tendrils climbed up from the pit beneath the balcony, wrapping around the captives' feet.

"How do you make a man-eating plant?" the professor asked again. "Simple: give it an opportunity."

flyawaybefree

Re: Rhetorical Questions

Post by flyawaybefree » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:41 am

hmm... i like the premise of this one, but it feels like there's something missing...
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss

Scattercat

Post by Scattercat » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:58 am

Fertilizer?

cdugger

Post by cdugger » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:58 pm

My reading of this is up at The Dribblecast!
Artist's blog: http://cbdugger.livejournal.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Christian podcast: http://therighteousdude.podomatic.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scattercat

Post by Scattercat » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:02 am

Fun!

(Was half-expecting a reuse of the Cookie Monster "om-nom-nom" sounds from the previous episode. ;-) )