One Treadmill for Another

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
Thomas Daulton

One Treadmill for Another

Post by Thomas Daulton » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:42 pm

Here's a pleasant little Holiday-themed Drabble dedicated to those of us who will be jogging off an extra slice of Thanksgiving pie this weekend and then sitting down at our desk jobs on Monday...

===== ONE TREADMILL FOR ANOTHER =====

The drug unlocked stubborn fat cells and supercharged the conversion of body mass into energy. Suddenly, formerly obese Americans could go five, six, seven days between meals. After a 60 hour work week, including three games of pick-up basketball, we could eat just one plate of spaghetti Alfredo, or a 3,000 calorie triple Blimpburger, and work another two or three days.

The snack food industry was the first to collapse, followed quickly by restaurants and 24-hour gyms. I lost too many co-workers in the force-feeding kennels before unemployed farmers realized we could be attached to treadmills and power entire cities.
"All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost." --J.R.R. TOLKIEN

zcarter80

Re: One Treadmill for Another

Post by zcarter80 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:37 am

Wow, man and this is why i don't take pills from infomercials! Awesome concept and execution man, loved it.
If I wrote it you can read it unless you sound like Fran Drescher.