The Best You

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
labradorius

The Best You

Post by labradorius » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:19 am

My friend and I made this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKiHNXufcVo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - and I thought it would make a good drabble, so I attempted to adapt it as such but was rejected by the editors (I submitted it not long before "The Store of the Worlds" was featured which probably did not help).

I still think it could make a pretty good drabble and would be very willing to stand behind anyone else's take on it if it happens to strike their fancy, and they'd like to take a crack at it. :wink:

labradorius

BTW My Version

Post by labradorius » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:22 am

Do you want a nicer house? Great family? Mucho dinero? The secrets to the life of your dreams are here in my book, The Best You.

Success is a very simple three-step process. First, you make goals. Then, you visualize: you think about those goals as hard as you can. Step three is building a Crystalforce Interdimensional Transport Laser; then tearing through the Space-Time Continuum until you find the universe where you’ve accomplished those goals; killing that version of yourself; and taking over his or her life.

It works. Read my book, and find the Best You. Then murder him.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Re: The Best You

Post by ROU Killing Time » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:58 am

Like the video. Perhaps 100 words isn't enough space to fit in the final twist from the video version, (which is the coolest part of the concept... won't spoil it here though...)
Oh yes, welcome to the forums... :-)
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

tobias

Re: The Best You

Post by tobias » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:19 pm

Honestly, stick with the video. I love it!
Tobias - Lord of...you know...stuff.