Steak Most Foul

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
Tesseract

Steak Most Foul

Post by Tesseract » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:49 am

The first steak was a nuisance. I had the grill up and ready to go. The seasoning and marinade were perfect. True , the guests had yet to arrive but everything had to be perfect for tonight. My wife came in to the kitchen and saw the state of the main course. “Haven't you finished that yet? You're a bloody useless prick Dan,” she said. She glowered at me and I mumbled back a, “Yes dear.” I tested the edge of the knife I was holding. It was sharp enough. “Dinner will be ready soon I think.”

Spoiler:
The first steak was a nuisance. I had the grill up and ready to go. The seasoning and marinade were perfect. True , the guests had yet to arrive but everything had to be perfect for tonight. “Honey! Hurry up, Mr. Bunnfeild will be here any minuet,” my wife said. She came in to the kitchen and saw the state of the main course. She glowered at me and I mumbled back a, “Yes dear.” I tested the edge of the knife I was holding. It was sharp enough. “Dinner will be ready soon I think.”
Oh goddess, there's a little yellow man following me everywhere I go!
As children flock to their deranged god, his great purple lips flap open. I love you and You love me. We're a happy family.
My Blog: http://fromthe4d.wordpress.com/

Travelin Corpse Feet

Re: Steak Most Foul

Post by Travelin Corpse Feet » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:32 pm

I think this one is underdone. That is, it's too subtle. The only thing I can figure here is that maybe the husband despises and is going to cook his wife? There really isn't enough to support that though, since all we get to see of their relationship is her being very slightly peeved at him not having supper ready yet.
A story of love, lust and violence and a man in a jam.

'"Well, Here I Am" My blogogna.

My Twitter feed, Scribblepodium, is good for a laugh or a cry.

Tesseract

Post by Tesseract » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:37 pm

The man killing and cooking his wife was what I was going for but you're right. I need to let this one simmer a bit longer.
As children flock to their deranged god, his great purple lips flap open. I love you and You love me. We're a happy family.

Tesseract

Post by Tesseract » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:48 am

Drabble Updated.