Tasteful Parenting

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
LizPennies

Tasteful Parenting

Post by LizPennies » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:47 am

Parenting doesn't come easy for all. Some need a little help now and then. Like poor Mrs. Kikomen. Silly thing. I've been trying to help her for years, but to no avail. It's been so very overwhelming, and frankly driving me a little out of my mind. After all the detailed instructions I've provided, do you know the other day I caught her bathing her child in soy sauce? Soy sauce! I've never seen anything so disturbing. Does she not understand the sodium content is just too high? Some just have no sense when it comes to eating their young.
A story doesn't have to have be happy, to gain happiness from a story.

LizPennies

Re: Tasteful Parenting

Post by LizPennies » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:47 am

(Been trying a new writing exercise with a group of friends, where we draw random words or phrases out of a pile and have 10 minutes to write a story that incorporates all 3 cards drawn for the group. It's silly and quick, but rewarding, and seemingly easy enough to turn into 100 word drabbles. This round drew "My Mind," "Parenting," and "Soy Sauce.")
A story doesn't have to have be happy, to gain happiness from a story.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Re: Tasteful Parenting

Post by ROU Killing Time » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:22 am

Yes, that's very hard on your blood pressure (as well as being a contributor to the formation of kidney-stones.)

Thanks for the PSA, Liz.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.