Vengeance Is Mine

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?

Hit or Miss

Uber
100%
Meh
No votes

Total votes: 1

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Vengeance Is Mine

Post by ROU Killing Time » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:26 pm

He represented the pinnacle of the science of his creators.

A behemoth of a technological golem built within the hidden depths of their finest academy, his purpose would be to avenge the murders perpetrated by those who hunted their kind.

Alabastor skin shining in the deep, he glided silently until erupting through the surface in a violent breach and defiant spout of challenge to the whaling vessal on the horizon.

He had grappled with Ahab and dragged him cursing to his doom.

Facing another of this barbarous breed, Moby Dick steeled himself for battle and swam towards the oncoming ship.

Phenopath

Post by Phenopath » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:29 pm

I have just done a quick recap and this is my favourite ROU drabble. It hints at lot and has a nice balance and pace with OTT descriptions.

I estimate that Moby Dick is amoungst my top 3 books so it was a winner to begin with.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:43 pm

Phenopath wrote:I have just done a quick recap and this is my favourite ROU drabble. It hints at lot and has a nice balance and pace with OTT descriptions.

I estimate that Moby Dick is amoungst my top 3 books so it was a winner to begin with.
Thank you for the kind review. This one is topping my own list of personal favorites, (though I have very high hopes for my planned expansion of Odyssey of Lepidoptera...)

I've rapidly become enamored of the Drabble form (I guess that kind of shows, these aren't old works, I hammer them out on www.wordcounttool.com and post them immediately, and you've gotten a chance to see the editing process in several of them now.)

Philip K. Dick said that the "idea" is the hero of the short story, and Drabbling seems to be a perfect way to seek out these intrepid literary concepts...

Oh, maybe one day I'll get that call from Mr.Sherman and my immortality will finally be assured... ;-)

Phenopath

Post by Phenopath » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:55 pm

Hmm, I like drabbles for their capacity for instant gratification. Like beans on toast.