Drabblecast Writer: (apologies to Lennon & McCartney)

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?

Not a drabble, but Hit or Miss

Hit
100%
Miss
No votes
I hate The Beatles
No votes
Norm, you just gotta record this...
No votes

Total votes: 2

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Drabblecast Writer: (apologies to Lennon & McCartney)

Post by ROU Killing Time » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:04 am

Dear Norman Sherman will ya read my works they took me minutes to write will ya take a look.

One's based on a novel by Hermann Melville, and I need a break and I wanna be a Drabblecast writer.

Drabblecast Writer...

There's an eerie story 'bout a greedy man and the girl next door who made sure he was damned.

There's a touching tale about a zombie wife, and her slow son Johnny and I wanna be a Drabblecast writer

Drabblecast Writer

Drabblecast Writer (Drabblecast Writer....)

If you really liked em, if they gave you frights
you can CC 2.5 license the rights
If you must reject it then just hit reply and I'll go and cry cuz I wanna be a Drabblecast writer...

(sound of needle scratching across record...)

LajesticVantrashellofLob

Post by LajesticVantrashellofLob » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:54 am

You know, if we actually had a full version of this song with references to some of DC's weirdest stories, life would be that much better :D
Philosophy is a game with objectives and no rules. Mathematics is a game with rules and no objectives.

You're always the hero in your own story - life is about not being the villain in anyone else's.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:41 pm

LajesticVantrashellofLob wrote:You know, if we actually had a full version of this song with references to some of DC's weirdest stories, life would be that much better :D
Well, as requested I've added a verse so it's structurally identical to the original. (I think I really nailed the 3rd verse there too.)

I'm pretty sure that Norm's very first bardle was a review of a vast tract of DC history so I don't want to be redundant, and since the theme of the ditty is about my own personal aspirations, I'm sticking with referring to my own works.

LajesticVantrashellofLob

Post by LajesticVantrashellofLob » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:19 pm

ROU Killing Time wrote:Well, as requested I've added a verse so it's structurally identical to the original. (I think I really nailed the 3rd verse there too.)

I'm pretty sure that Norm's very first bbardle was a review of a vast tract of DC history so I don't want to be redundant, and since the theme of the ditty is about my own personal aspirations, I'm sticking with referring to my own works.
Yes, you did nail the third verse, though they're all totally awesome! When "The Beatles: Rock Band" is released, these are the lyrics that I'll be singing :D
Philosophy is a game with objectives and no rules. Mathematics is a game with rules and no objectives.

You're always the hero in your own story - life is about not being the villain in anyone else's.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Now I finally am a Drabblecast Writer, Drabblecast Writer....

"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.