little thief

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
Zyzyx

little thief

Post by Zyzyx » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:37 am

No little thief, you will not pay, I will extract. Payment is for things purchased and that which you have stolen is no longer mine to sell. Return? No little thief your actions have soiled my goods and I have no use for them. At a time and place, for a duration, by a method, and to a degree of my choosing I shall extract from, or more likely out of, you a price greater than which can be measured gold. It's too late for you to consider the consequences of your actions, but I shall do so at length.
I reserve the right to be wrong and use it frequently.

PB&Jellyphish320

Re: little thief

Post by PB&Jellyphish320 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:03 pm

Humm. This certainly does leave my curiosity wheels spinning. What did he/she steal, why is he/she trying to give it back? What could possibly be the consequences? I think it might be better if there were a bit more or a punchline.
~ What's that in the mirror, or the corner of your eyes. What's those footsteps following but never passing by . . .

~ The Doctor

montanamax

Post by montanamax » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:37 pm

I love the mystery of not knowing the "whats" and "whys" in this piece at the 100 word mark - very moody and creates great tension. This would be a great opening for a short story to dig into those questions.

SpareInch

Post by SpareInch » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:33 pm

PB&Jellyphish320 wrote:Humm. This certainly does leave my curiosity wheels spinning. What did he/she steal, why is he/she trying to give it back? What could possibly be the consequences? I think it might be better if there were a bit more or a punchline.

No no no no no! It's lovely as it is. Just exactly what you think when you have something stolen from you.
The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

Horrorshow

Post by Horrorshow » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:34 pm

Got a lot out of this. Thanks, Zyzyx.