Afternoon Delight

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
Caustic Reverie

Afternoon Delight

Post by Caustic Reverie » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:22 pm

Claude ambles down the lane, leaning heavily on his walking stick. On this oppressively hot afternoon, the old man has the neighborhood to himself. He looks around as he approaches his quarry: a stalk of pale purple orchids wired to the trunk of a Gumbo-Limbo tree. Leaning forward as if to sniff a blossom, he pops it into his mouth, biting through the stem in one quick, practiced motion. A look of perverse joy washes over his face as he chews the flower and he seems more energized as he strolls to the next cluster of orchids in the distance.

MonsieurMoustache

Re: Afternoon Delight

Post by MonsieurMoustache » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:13 pm

So that's what happened to my crocuses. Curse you old man!

pondspider

Post by pondspider » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:59 pm

Caustic Reverie wrote:Claude ambles down the lane, leaning heavily on his walking stick ... his quarry: a stalk of pale purple orchids wired to the trunk of a Gumbo-Limbo tree ... he seems more energized as he strolls to the next cluster of orchids in the distance.
Are these pale purple orchids a stimulant or something?

Or does Claude feel invigorated simply by his act of clandestine floral ingestion? :?

unseentangerine

Post by unseentangerine » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:20 am

an act of clandestine floral ingestion?
can that be the title of my next drabble? that's pretty cool lol
Many on the forum have asked me, so here's my answer: a spoonful of lighter fluid. And you'll need to wash it out really well when you're done.