Cinderella's Transgender Ball

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
SpareInch

Cinderella's Transgender Ball

Post by SpareInch » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:29 pm

Actually, this isn't so much a story as... I think the word is A Squib. On a TG forum I belong to, one of the members decided it would be fun to do a traditional British Pantomime in forum posts, so I wrote this piece as part of that. By pure chance, It came out at precisely 100 words, so I thought I'd put it up here too. Probably it'll fall flat on it's backside here, but what the hey?

========

ROYAL PROCLAMATION NUMBER 3628:

To celebrate the festival of Christmas, Princess Emma, The Princess Charming, has decreed the holding of a Royal Ball, to be held at The Organza Palace this month.

Every young person in the kingdom is universally invited to attend.

Music will be provided by The Royal Phyllis Harmonica Orchestra.

A buffet is being prepared by an army of naked chefs.

DRESS CODE:- FEMININE ATTIRE FOR ALL!

Her Charming Highness will also be dancing with every guest at the ball, and whomsoever most takes her fancy will wed HCH and become Princess Consort of Trannysylvania.

FREE BAR!
The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

strawman

Re: Cinderella's Transgender Ball

Post by strawman » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:58 pm

I never considered how a monarch cultural perspective alters the Cinderella story. But now I realize there's actually a close parallel between Princess Di and Kim Kardashian. The Fairy godmother grants celebrity until the stroke of midnight.

And then there's the "feminine attire for all" angle, which appeals to the Monty Python side of Brit humor. That might actually be a manifestation of a British desire that Prince Charming should be able to be Queen for a Day too.

But I'm flummoxed by the glass slipper. Who goes to balls in slippers? Shouldn't they be 6" stilettos?
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

SpareInch

Post by SpareInch » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:39 am

I think you should read Slipper as Court Shoe. You'd still have to be VERY careful how you put your feet down though.

And have you ever tried walking in 6" heels? I generally call it a day at 4" myself.
The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

bounceswoosh

Post by bounceswoosh » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:42 pm

Even 2" is too much for me unless they're the chunky kind. Fortunately, I live in an area where trail shoes are considered the height of fashion.