Recipe for a fluffy disaster

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
emjace

Recipe for a fluffy disaster

Post by emjace » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:27 am

It's simple....

Visit your nearest pet-shop and purchase a few fluffy, little rodents. Don't forgot the cage, with a wheel for them to play on.

Add a small amount of cat food, mixed into their favourite meal of fresh vegetables. Check daily, to ensure the bowl has been licked clean.

Next step, less of their favourite vegetables, replace with cuts of meat, road-kill is great for this, it's already tenderised.

Ensure the fluffy little rodents are ready, by dropping an emancipated hand into the cage, fingers are perfect to chew on.

Now you're ready, for the bloody thirsty, carnivorous Hamsters to assist you, in taking over the World...

Phenopath

Re: Recipe for a fluffy disaster

Post by Phenopath » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

I like the emancipated hand :)
Phenopath's Story Archive
The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:10 pm

emjace wrote: Visit your nearest pet-shop and purchase a few fluffy, little rodents. Don't forgot the cage, with a wheel for them to play on. (Do you need a comma between two adjectives?)

Ensure the fluffy little rodents are ready, by dropping an emancipated hand into the cage, fingers are perfect to chew on. (Don't think you need the first comma after "ready" Also, maybe change "ready" to "prepared" since you use "ready" in the next sentence.)

Now you're ready, for the bloody thirsty, carnivorous Hamsters to assist you, in taking over the World... (First comma after "ready" shouldn't be there. "blood thirsty", probably should be "blood-thirsty" but hyphenated words count as one, not two so you'll need another word to conform to drabble.
Agree, "emancipated hand" is ftw.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

emjace

Post by emjace » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:29 pm

ROU Killing Time wrote:
emjace wrote: Visit your nearest pet-shop and purchase a few fluffy, little rodents. Don't forgot the cage, with a wheel for them to play on. (Do you need a comma between two adjectives?)

Ensure the fluffy little rodents are ready, by dropping an emancipated hand into the cage, fingers are perfect to chew on. (Don't think you need the first comma after "ready" Also, maybe change "ready" to "prepared" since you use "ready" in the next sentence.)

Now you're ready, for the bloody thirsty, carnivorous Hamsters to assist you, in taking over the World... (First comma after "ready" shouldn't be there. "blood thirsty", probably should be "blood-thirsty" but hyphenated words count as one, not two so you'll need another word to conform to drabble.
Agree, "emancipated hand" is ftw.
'Okay' (said very slowly, for effect)

Perhaps it is the commas taking over the world, being spurned on by those sneaky adjectives....never trust anything with a tail and a small head.

Phenopath

Post by Phenopath » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:26 pm

I think that ROU was possessed by Miss Grimsley for a minute there.
Phenopath's Story Archive
The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:13 am

Phenopath wrote:I think that ROU was possessed by Miss Grimsley for a minute there.
<scratching and clawing at torn and bloody skin>

She's gotten... under my skin. I Can't Get It Out!!! HELP ME!!!!!!

<wriths, rolls, foams>

strawman

Post by strawman » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:34 am

Spurned on to motility: From comma to apostrophe, pregnant with poetic possibilities.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

revsleestaxx

Post by revsleestaxx » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:40 pm

ROU Killing Time wrote: "blood thirsty", probably should be "blood-thirsty" but hyphenated words count as one, not two so you'll need another word to conform to drabble.
hyphenated words are argue-able
The Reverend's Razor
"If you don't know where it is, you don't know where it's not."

FeedBooks = http://www.feedbooks.com/userbooks/rece ... user=37332" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:10 pm

revsleestaxx wrote:
ROU Killing Time wrote: "blood thirsty", probably should be "blood-thirsty" but hyphenated words count as one, not two so you'll need another word to conform to drabble.
hyphenated words are argue-able
True. I use the word-count method that Drabbler magazine follows, and they count hyphenated words as a single.