Stalker

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
eric_marsh

Stalker

Post by eric_marsh » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:14 am

Willowy and pale, she calls to me from the silver screen. I steal a car and head west.

Wherever she goes, I follow. Hidden, just out of sight, I study her. I watch her house at night.

The opportunity that I awaited has come. Her servants and bodyguards are gone, she is alone in her mansion.

In my bag there is rope, knives and tape. It is midnight. The moon is new. I pick the lock and silently slip inside.

She is standing in the shadows. Turning, she smiles.

I am transfixed by her gaze and those long, terrible teeth.
Life is a tragedy for those who feel, but a comedy to those who think. - Horace Walpole
Eric's Drabbles: http://eric-marsh.blogspot.com/"

F5iver

Re: Stalker

Post by F5iver » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:17 am

Julia Roberts?

eric_marsh

Post by eric_marsh » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:44 pm

F5iver wrote:Julia Roberts?
Is Julia undead?

I had more of a vision of this being in the silent film era with a Jean Harlow like actress.

I don't really care for the vampire genre as I feel that vampires have been way overdone in recent years. But a vampire-like creature seems to work here. Why go chasing your prey when you can get them to come to you? The hunter becomes the hunted and the world is a better place for it. If someone actually cared where he disappeared to they wouldn't know where to begin to look.

Life is a tragedy for those who feel, but a comedy to those who think. - Horace Walpole

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:46 pm

Use of the word "transfixed" in the final line makes this drabble "Pheno-like" in my mind.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:04 pm

I like it!
Interestingly, I didn't not come away thinking vampire. I just thought the stalker was the latest meal of something that ate stalkers, not just drained their blood.
Good story.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:25 pm

Actually, the story works two ways. Either the stalked is a real evil sicko stalker who has just gotten the tables deservedly turned, or the "stalker" is really a monster slayer who deduced the true identity of the actress and is here to take her out. Either way, something horrible is about to bite the dust.

Reminds me of the movie "Frailty". Anybody seen that? It's one of my favorite superhero movies (perhaps because it says "horror" on the box).
Advertise in this space!

eric_marsh

Post by eric_marsh » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:19 pm

I'm not comitted to her being a vampire but "vampire" does provide a convenient shorthand for something that feasts on people and it's one that most people understand. But I'd be perfectly happy if she was something else.

I'd not considered the possibility of the protagonist being a monster killer. Good twist

I'd never heard of Frailty before but IMDB gives it 7.3 stars.

revsleestaxx

Post by revsleestaxx » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:23 pm

Freaking Marilyn Monroe! yeah now there's an undead broad i would not mind sharing my brains with! hubba hubba
The Reverend's Razor
"If you don't know where it is, you don't know where it's not."

FeedBooks = http://www.feedbooks.com/userbooks/rece ... user=37332" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;