The World's Most Trusted Company

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
eric_marsh

The World's Most Trusted Company

Post by eric_marsh » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:19 pm

“Mega-Buncha-Cruncha Bar, Mega-Buncha-Cruncha Bar”

Harry can't get the advertising ditty out of his head. At the counter, he's relieved to see that all the Mega-Buncha-Cruncha bars are sold out, because they do taste like stale dog shit.

With the enormous success of the Mega-Buncha-Cruncha Bar campaign, demand for the services of Psyonics Control Advertising goes ballistic. Flush with funds, Psyonics buys a controlling interest in Muzak and begins purchasing local media outlets.

It's a radical concept to privatize a government, but there's huge public support for the buyout of the United States by Psyonics Corporation, the world's most trusted company.
Life is a tragedy for those who feel, but a comedy to those who think. - Horace Walpole
Eric's Drabbles: http://eric-marsh.blogspot.com/"

F5iver

Re: The World's Most Trusted Company

Post by F5iver » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:16 pm

Ooh, dark.
Likey.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:02 pm

Why would they want to buy the United States? Wouldn't that entail their assuming our $60 trillion+ of debt and unfunded obligations? Seems like a bad business move.

Although they could probably get a pretty sweet deal on the United States right now. I know I'd want to clean out my portfolio if I were China.
Advertise in this space!

eric_marsh

Post by eric_marsh » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:16 pm

True, but they could easily cover the debt by selling assets such as the national parks. Can you imagine what you could get for condos overlooking the Grand Canyon or what the Disney Corporation could do with Mount Rushmore?
Life is a tragedy for those who feel, but a comedy to those who think. - Horace Walpole
Eric's Drabbles: http://eric-marsh.blogspot.com/"