Dear Lord

100 word stories. Post all you like, maybe we'll dip in and use yours?
Post Reply
User avatar
revsleestaxx
Member
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Buzzard Breath Wy
Contact:

Dear Lord

Post by revsleestaxx » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:25 pm

Dear Lord
We are about to do battle with evil it's self.
We are about to face the wicked and unwashed evil that is our enemy, and our competition.
We will send them home dear Lord. They will say your name in prayer as we create an insurmountable gain and a huge victory on their asses. So much so that they will say nothing but “I am sorry Lord that I have strayed. I am so very sorry. And I am not worthy of your love, please forgive me”
YES they are coming home O’ Lord, they are coming home.
The Reverend's Razor
"If you don't know where it is, you don't know where it's not."

FeedBooks = http://www.feedbooks.com/userbooks/rece ... user=37332" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
tbaker2500
Site Admin
Posts: 3612
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: West Lafayette, IN
Contact:

Re: Dear Lord

Post by tbaker2500 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:57 pm

Welcome back Rev, we missed you!
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Dear Lord

Post by ROU Killing Time » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:58 am

I always have this mental image of Samual Jackson when I'm reading these ditties of yours, Rev.

Echo the seniments. Glad to have ya back around.

So, is this drabble a war of words? A battle of ideas? I notice that while the tone seems intentionally jingo-istic and theologically warlike, it contains a counterbalancing lack of mention of any actual violent events or tactics.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
revsleestaxx
Member
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Buzzard Breath Wy
Contact:

Re: Dear Lord

Post by revsleestaxx » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:05 pm

thanks.
I wrote this a prayer to be recited before playing a game/sport. I say it before starting most any online game it puts me in the mood.

I have been busy reformatting my books for the Kindle. I have one done and a few more to go. I found this buried in my book and noticed it was 100 words so I thought I would share it.
The Reverend's Razor
"If you don't know where it is, you don't know where it's not."

FeedBooks = http://www.feedbooks.com/userbooks/rece ... user=37332" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Dear Lord

Post by ROU Killing Time » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:32 am

The Oregon Ducks must have gotten a copy of this for before the game, then. :-)

What a great Civil War of the Roses that was. If you're into college football, that is.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
themorg
Member
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:52 am
Location: Portland OR

Re: Dear Lord

Post by themorg » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:06 am

revsleestaxx wrote: We are about to face the wicked and unwashed evil that is our enemy, and our competition.

i enjoyed your Drabble and i am saying something about the idea of unwashed evil and not a criticism of your word choice or imaginary. It really gets on my nerve about saying being unwashed is evil or at least less good. if that were the case Portland might be the most evil place in the United States.(i live there so i think i can say that but maybe i am not allowed) it seems to make some people less of worthy if they have a different idea of being clean. i am a man who has body hair on my upper body but this is considered dirty if i were to look at pop culture. i smell some people who use way too AXE body spray and it almost smell as bad as sewer gas back up in the bathroom. (at least it attacks my senses in a similar way.) would Satin not be noticed if he took a shower every morning or before going out. or by using Body spray we would follow what he said without questioning because he smells normal. ok i am off my soap box, i really liked the Drabble.
Drabbillus Haventnpigeonholdhimus
http://www.drabblesbymorg.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

User avatar
Phenopath
Member
Posts: 1059
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: Dear Lord

Post by Phenopath » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:33 am

Are you guys ALL from Portland?

I feel a "giant robot destroys Portland" drabble coming on.
Phenopath's Story Archive
The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

User avatar
themorg
Member
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:52 am
Location: Portland OR

Re: Dear Lord

Post by themorg » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:44 am

Phenopath wrote:Are you guys ALL from Portland?

I feel a "giant robot destroys Portland" drabble coming on.
A Holy Giant Robot and it will fight Bill gates Bot
Drabbillus Haventnpigeonholdhimus
http://www.drabblesbymorg.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

User avatar
revsleestaxx
Member
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Buzzard Breath Wy
Contact:

Re: Dear Lord

Post by revsleestaxx » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:07 pm

themorg wrote:
revsleestaxx wrote: We are about to face the wicked and unwashed evil that is our enemy, and our competition.

i enjoyed your Drabble and i am saying something about the idea of unwashed evil and not a criticism of your word choice or imaginary. It really gets on my nerve about saying being unwashed is evil or at least less good. if that were the case Portland might be the most evil place in the United States.(i live there so i think i can say that but maybe i am not allowed) it seems to make some people less of worthy if they have a different idea of being clean. i am a man who has body hair on my upper body but this is considered dirty if i were to look at pop culture. i smell some people who use way too AXE body spray and it almost smell as bad as sewer gas back up in the bathroom. (at least it attacks my senses in a similar way.) would Satin not be noticed if he took a shower every morning or before going out. or by using Body spray we would follow what he said without questioning because he smells normal. ok i am off my soap box, i really liked the Drabble.
Unwashed as in not cleaned of sin by the lamb's blood. Unwashed as in all evil is not clean. and it roll's off my mental tongue well and sounds very old school religion. hey religion and pigeon rhythm, i think there may be another drabble or sermon in there.
The Reverend's Razor
"If you don't know where it is, you don't know where it's not."

FeedBooks = http://www.feedbooks.com/userbooks/rece ... user=37332" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post Reply