Page 2 of 5

Re: In Search of The Mongolian Deathworm

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:09 am
by ROU Killing Time
moonowl wrote:Thanks Tom! Long Live MDW!
If MDW appears in next years MBDM, I predict consensus, unity, and world peace. At least until we all become Purina Worm Chow.

Re: In Search of The Mongolian Deathworm

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:32 am
by StalinSays
It could happen. But don't tell anyone.

Re: In Search of The Mongolian Deathworm

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:39 pm
by moonowl
ROU Killing Time wrote: If MDW appears in next years MBDM, I predict consensus, unity, and world peace. At least until we all become Purina Worm Chow.
Whaaaa? Dude, it's MBDM, not the fricking Olympics! Keep your hippie peacenik ways to yourself. :lol:

Re: In Search of The Mongolian Deathworm

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:26 pm
by ROU Killing Time
moonowl wrote:
ROU Killing Time wrote: If MDW appears in next years MBDM, I predict consensus, unity, and world peace. At least until we all become Purina Worm Chow.
Whaaaa? Dude, it's MBDM, not the fricking Olympics! Keep your hippie peacenik ways to yourself. :lol:
It's not a hippie peacenik thing, the unity I speak of would come from that fact I can't imagine anyone siding against the awesome MDW, I mean he's a freakin anagram of WMD fer crying out loud. We'd all be huddled together in fear in the same bunker, hoping that at the end of the match he's too full to want to bother coming after us. It'd be the equivalent of the best hockey players from the U.S., Canadian, and Russian teams joining forces and skating against the Jamaican bob-sledding team. No contest.

Unlike this years match, which was a marvelous competition between patriotic avian lovers vs satan-worshiping crazy cat-ladies. (Even if the end-result was a travesty...)

Re: In Search of The Mongolian Deathworm

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:05 am
by myke_deschain
ROU Killing Time wrote:It's not a hippie peacenik thing, the unity I speak of would come from that fact I can't imagine anyone siding against the awesome MDW, I mean he's a freakin anagram of WMD fer crying out loud. We'd all be huddled together in fear in the same bunker, hoping that at the end of the match he's too full to want to bother coming after us. It'd be the equivalent of the best hockey players from the U.S., Canadian, and Russian teams joining forces and skating against the Jamaican bob-sledding team. No contest.
No, no good sir. I believe that in great times of encroaching danger our great country would do what it always does. Catch it, train it, and inject a microchip to its brain so we can use it with a remote control. Or in this case saddle up... I Can see it now secretary of defense would hire out Frank Herbert's son to rewrite the strategy books..

Re: In Search of The Mongolian Deathworm

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:18 am
by themorg
myke_deschain wrote:No, no good sir. I believe that in great times of encroaching danger our great country would do what it always does. Catch it, train it, and inject a microchip to its brain so we can use it with a remote control. Or in this case saddle up... I Can see it now secretary of defense would hire out Frank Herbert's son to rewrite the strategy books..
or just hire Kevin J. Anderson

Re: In Search of The Mongolian Deathworm

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:37 am
by moonowl
myke_deschain wrote: No, no good sir. I believe that in great times of encroaching danger our great country would do what it always does. Catch it, train it, and inject a microchip to its brain so we can use it with a remote control. Or in this case saddle up... I Can see it now secretary of defense would hire out Frank Herbert's son to rewrite the strategy books..
Well played, Myke!!! MDW with a Dr. Strangelove twist! Yeeehaww!

Sorry ROU. I missed the rest. I was flossing feathers out of Hellcat's teeth....

Re: In Search of The Mongolian Deathworm

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:40 am
by themorg
moonowl wrote:
Well played, Myke!!! MDW with a Dr. Strangelove twist! Yeeehaww!

Sorry ROU. I missed the rest. I was flossing feathers out of Hellcat's teeth....
Sorry moonowl. I was to busy worrying about giant bed bugs sucking my blood. I am sure they are the only thing that can defeat every other super beast Because even the Hellcat sleeps.

Re: In Search of The Mongolian Deathworm

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:39 am
by ROU Killing Time
themorg wrote:
moonowl wrote:
Well played, Myke!!! MDW with a Dr. Strangelove twist! Yeeehaww!

Sorry ROU. I missed the rest. I was flossing feathers out of Hellcat's teeth....
Sorry moonowl. I was to busy worrying about giant bed bugs sucking my blood. I am sure they are the only thing that can defeat every other super beast Because even the Hellcat sleeps.
<soto voce> Morg, icksnay on the ugsbay...

;-)

Re: In Search of The Mongolian Deathworm

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:47 pm
by tbaker2500
ROU Killing Time wrote:
themorg wrote:
moonowl wrote:
Well played, Myke!!! MDW with a Dr. Strangelove twist! Yeeehaww!

Sorry ROU. I missed the rest. I was flossing feathers out of Hellcat's teeth....
Sorry moonowl. I was to busy worrying about giant bed bugs sucking my blood. I am sure they are the only thing that can defeat every other super beast Because even the Hellcat sleeps.
<soto voce> Morg, icksnay on the ugsbay...

;-)
HAHAHAHA!

Re: In Search of The Mongolian Deathworm

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:24 pm
by themorg
ROU Killing Time wrote:
themorg wrote:
moonowl wrote:
Well played, Myke!!! MDW with a Dr. Strangelove twist! Yeeehaww!

Sorry ROU. I missed the rest. I was flossing feathers out of Hellcat's teeth....
Sorry moonowl. I was to busy worrying about giant bed bugs sucking my blood. I am sure they are the only thing that can defeat every other super beast Because even the Hellcat sleeps.
<soto voce> Morg, icksnay on the ugsbay...

;-)
did i step on something i should not have said. i am creepered out by bed bugs the size of my fist, and how quickly they multiply it makes zombies look like a tame plague.

Re: In Search of The Mongolian Deathworm

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:35 pm
by strawman
Yeah, we like had to disinvite my mother for a Christmas visit because she had an infestation. Those things are totally the creeps. But interesting that they 'earn their bones' by dining on human blood, which triggers their reproductive stage.
So, they're like, Goths.

Re: In Search of The Mongolian Deathworm

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:34 am
by tbaker2500
themorg wrote:did i step on something i should not have said. i am creepered out by bed bugs the size of my fist, and how quickly they multiply it makes zombies look like a tame plague.
Actually your timing was quite funny! This is the thread he was referencing:
http://drabblecast.freeforums.org/bug-w ... t1051.html

Re: In Search of The Mongolian Deathworm

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:10 am
by ROU Killing Time
Indeed, Morg. It was a joke.

The discussion was respectful on all sides of the issue referenced. (At least I hope I was respectul, I can only say for sure that the other sides seemed respectful in my opinion...)

Re: In Search of The Mongolian Deathworm

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:48 am
by themorg
ROU Killing Time wrote:Indeed, Morg. It was a joke.

The discussion was respectful on all sides of the issue referenced. (At least I hope I was respectul, I can only say for sure that the other sides seemed respectful in my opinion...)
i was also because being respectful. i just had no idea what you were talking about and if i had said some taboo that was not supposed to be said. thanks for the link :shock:

Re: In Search of The Mongolian Deathworm

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:27 am
by tbaker2500
So Morg, what is it about Portland? There must be a drabblecast support group there or something... So far you, ROU, and Abbie all hail from there. Does Norm have billboards up there, or is it something in the water that makes you all drabbleites?
Inquiring minds want to know!

Re: In Search of The Mongolian Deathworm

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:18 am
by themorg
tbaker2500 wrote:So Morg, what is it about Portland? There must be a drabblecast support group there or something... So far you, ROU, and Abbie all hail from there. Does Norm have billboards up there, or is it something in the water that makes you all drabbleites?
Inquiring minds want to know!
I moved to Portland about 10 months ago and was listening to the podcast when i lived in Hays Kansas.
Portland seems to be a really book orientated city. You will see people everywhere reading or with their E-book or talking about books. i have seen homeless people who read all the time.

One conversation i heard (i love watching & listening to people) at the downtown library was about Dostoyevsky with a very (super typical) homeless man and very (well dressed) i assume teacher. I became interested after i heard them talk about notes from the underground (which i only finished part 1 because it just felt to difficult at the time). and talked at length about it and other books. I swear the homeless guy knew more about the topic than any of my literature professors. I remember the point that came up while i was listening was that the hero (or anti-hero) must suffer through the human condition (via paranoia and other human aliments) for us to care about the story. This made me pick up the book and trudge through it again.

"Yes Norm has billboards up demanding people drabble" or "Something in the watter."

As for Rou and Abbie i have no clue.

Re: In Search of The Mongolian Deathworm

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:27 am
by ROU Killing Time
Yup, that's a pretty good description of Portland. Powell's book store is one of the finest on the planet. Google it, they sell online now too. It is right up there with "The Tattered Cover" (where my late uncle Ivan worked) in Denver as a Mecca for bibliophiles.

Also the hometown of of grandmaster Ursula K. Leguin. (I recommend getting a copy of the PBS version of "The Lathe of Heaven" starring a young Bruce Davison, and of course you should read the book too, which is set in Portland.

I'm pretty sure I recall some drabblecast episodes that featured Portland authors in the main story.

Bridgetown (the Willamette River runs right through the center of town) has a lot goin on.

Re: In Search of The Mongolian Deathworm

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:42 am
by themorg
ROU Killing Time wrote:Yup, that's a pretty good description of Portland. Powell's book store is one of the finest on the planet. Google it, they sell online now too. It is right up there with "The Tattered Cover" (where my late uncle Ivan worked) in Denver as a Mecca for bibliophiles.
I did not feel like i have lived here long enough to mention Powell's. also i agree that "Tattered Cover" is one of the best places i have ever been in. The GF would hang out at the Tattered Cover in the way you can't hang out at Powell's because of the numbers of people all the time.

Re: In Search of The Mongolian Deathworm

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:41 pm
by tbaker2500
Interesting, thanks for explaining. I've never been to Portland, but I have a childhood friend who lives there. Gave up his car and bikes everywhere. Never seen him happier!

My little town of West Lafayette IN, is an engineering school (Purdue) located in the middle of a bunch of corn fields. There are two very distinct cultures here. The farm/country culture is much as you described except for the heavy drinker part. Then there is the university class/culture (which has little to do with if you attended Purdue or not), which is very intelligent and heavily based on math ability. You are laughed at if you do algebra in your head slowly. Calculator? Who needs that?

But there is very little emphasis put on literature here. I mean, Dostoyevsky? How would that help design this circuit?

I spent my childhood and teenage years devouring books, but I don't seem to have the time anymore. So these podcasts are handy, they let me still enjoy a good story.