Help out Tee Morris & Family (sad news)

For any and all info or discussion of podcasts and podcasting. Also community related miscellanea.
Talia

Help out Tee Morris & Family (sad news)

Post by Talia » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:47 am

Unfortunately, podcast novelist/Podiobooks cofounder Tee Morris' wife passed away unexpectedly last night, now he and his daughter are not only bereaved but also in a financial spot - Philippa Ballantine's got a donation thingy going. If you've got a few bucks to spare, perhaps you'd care to help the poor guy out.

:/

http://teeandserena.chipin.com/tee-and-sonic-boom" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

now Im off to look at pictures of kittens and puppies. :/

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Re: Help out Tee Morris & Family (sad news)

Post by ROU Killing Time » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:52 am

:-( condolences to the family and friends left behind.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

dreamrock

Re: Help out Tee Morris & Family (sad news)

Post by dreamrock » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:15 pm

I can't believe I forgot to post about this yesterday. Bad dreamrock.

Philippa Ballantine, the podcaster who set up the fund, said that they had received over 7000. The counter isn't going up (well, it's up to 10 grand when seen on J.C. Hutchins' site). She said our donations so far have covered the cost of the funeral (err, the donation site says "the significant costs") and now they're working on a fund for Tee's daughter.

Seven grand is a pretty theoretical amount for a funeral in the U.S. It can be done, but that's usually spoken of as the low figure. I think it'd be a great thing to donate whatever you feel you can so Tee isn't left with any surprise bills to take care of in this incredibly shitty time.
Dribblecast: A Community-Driven Podcast | Troll Jammies

"There's no such thing as enough Tequila."