MP3 Feed (again?)

For any and all info or discussion of podcasts and podcasting. Also community related miscellanea.
z00ker

MP3 Feed (again?)

Post by z00ker » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:11 pm

Am I the only one having trouble with the MP3 feed? I've tried everything I can think of and I still can't get anything (and haven't been able to for weeks) :cry: . I've got a Zune (hold your tongue) and use that software to manage my podcasts... all it says is the feed is formatted incorrectly. Well, I try to look at the feed and I get nothing in Chrome or IE.

Jeff

normsherman
Site Admin

Re: MP3 Feed (again?)

Post by normsherman » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:10 pm

Crud. I hate hearing things like this, cuz I don't know how to fix it. But I also really appreciate it zooker! I use itunes for the mp3 feed and it has been working fine. I publish with iWeb and it's gotten a little buggy in the Mp3 Feed section for some reason the past few weeks. Content seems to go out through that feed but the page won't come up now when I open it.
New site coming asap! We will work on getting to bottom of this. Until then, snag from the archive? (sorry!)
"Give us all some Jelly"

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:00 am

z00ker, you will be happy to see the new site come online. It may be a few months out, but it will be worth the wait. This crapola will be easier to fix, and hopefully shouldn't happen. It also won't be iTunes-centric, whilst still having full iTunes support.

In the meantime, I'll do my best to keep the archive up-to-date, and you can use that as a failover.

I'll see if I can do anything with Norm about the MP3 main feed.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

z00ker

Post by z00ker » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:43 pm

Sorry, for the late response -- been out of town (got a new job tho! woohoo! *happy dance*).

Not a prob norm, very loyal fan and Drabblecast is worth waiting for. (Just like time and distance, podcast feed errors make the heart grow fonder?) I'll stick with ya. Wish there was something I could do to help but I got the inept genes too. :)

Jeff

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:26 pm

[url]feed://www.gardenstreet.org/drabblecastarchive ... s/blog.xml[/url]

Just put that URL into your software and use that feed for now. There are some good ones there!
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

z00ker

Post by z00ker » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:54 pm

Excellent! That link got me going again! Thanks so much!

Jeff