Subscriber Count

For any and all info or discussion of podcasts and podcasting. Also community related miscellanea.
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Subscriber Count

Post by ROU Killing Time » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:06 pm

Any idea on what the current drabblecast listenership is to date? (as far as such things can be counted from feedback from various subscription services...)
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Re: Subscriber Count

Post by StalinSays » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:06 pm

Wouldn't have been able to tell you, were we living in any time but the present. Up to this point we only had educated guesses, Tom has some nifty stuff worked in to the upcoming site that will finally give us real numbers, so we can escape the fuzzy math of the past.

We approach the total based on downloads or plays of an episode. So it isn't a true 'subscriber' number, just an estimate based on activity. The number differs each episode, so we're letting a few go by, and age a bit, before we establish the best projection/average. It's higher than I woulda guessed. Tom or I will PM you when we settle in something we agree on.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Re: Subscriber Count

Post by tbaker2500 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:54 am

I want the new site to be up before I consider that information the least bit accurate. So many sources aren't counted properly right now. But we got some new tools coming down the pipe.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.