Trackback! I plugged the Drabblecast on the "Extra Environm

For any and all info or discussion of podcasts and podcasting. Also community related miscellanea.
Thomas Daulton

Trackback! I plugged the Drabblecast on the "Extra Environm

Post by Thomas Daulton » Wed May 02, 2012 6:56 am

Just reporting back here as ordered, Commander!! [snappy salute]

Another podcast I like, called "The Extra-Environmentalist", accepts voicemail Letters to the Editor via Skype. I left them a long voicemail with my favorite fiction sources, and of course the Drabblecast was prominent among them. (I actually cited a couple of DC episodes, "Store of the Worlds" and "The Last Question", but they edited my list.)

My voicemail starts at the 2:15:00 mark in this episode:
http://www.extraenvironmentalist.com/ep ... economics/
(Yes, these guys publish very long podcasts)

Just to reciprocate, I highly recommend the "Extra-Environmentalist" podcast -- in fact, I volunteered to create T-shirts with their logo for their fans! (Hmmm, the Drabblecast has had T-shirts "on the back burner" for quite awhile. Let me know if I can help :lol: )

The two guys who run the "Extra-Environmentalist" podcast have a great, casual, relaxed interview style which nevertheless asks hard questions -- and they select fascinating authors to interview, people who I really believe have firm perspectives on the decline and fall of our civilization. Another letter correspondent described this podcast as "All the Doom without the Gloom," and that really sums it up. The times are changin', but it doesn't necessarily have to be a tragedy. Check out the "Extra-Environmentalist" whenever you're not listening to the Drabblecast!
"All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost." --J.R.R. TOLKIEN

strawman

Re: Trackback! I plugged the Drabblecast on the "Extra Envi

Post by strawman » Wed May 02, 2012 11:57 am

But what about those of us who are working hard to produce a dystopian future for our children?
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

Thomas Daulton

Post by Thomas Daulton » Wed May 02, 2012 2:26 pm

strawman wrote:But what about those of us who are working hard to produce a dystopian future for our children?
That's cool, it's the journey that matters, not the goal! 8)

I'd say dystopia is in the eye of the beholder. Besides which, even in the event I'm successful at preventing the collapse of everything we know, (and the massive population die-off), from being a tragedy, you can always cause history to repeat as a farce... :wink:
"All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost." --J.R.R. TOLKIEN

strawman

Post by strawman » Wed May 02, 2012 2:37 pm

And here I thought THIS was the farce part.
East Coast / West Coast: More than just different time zones.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"