Voice talent wanted!

For any and all info or discussion of podcasts and podcasting. Also community related miscellanea.
bolddeceiver

Voice talent wanted!

Post by bolddeceiver » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:37 am

This is a ways off, but I've just begun writing a radio play that I'm planning on eventually producing as a podcast. Here's the twist -- rather than sitting down as a group in a studio, I'm planning on recording each part against a prompt script, then cutting them together. It'll be a bit of an experiment.

The series is called Jim Stone Adventures, and is going to be a somewhat anachronistic serial in the old radio play style, about a dashing newspaper-reporter-turned-hero named Jim Stone, and his various adventures. The first arc will be called Jim Stone in the Land Beneath, and will follow his fantastic subterranean adventures. Later arcs will include Jim Stone Versus the Robots and Jim Stone in Space.

As of right now, there are two to three major characters who will appear in every episode, and a wide variety of minor characters. It'd be great to get some ensemble players who could do a several of the small parts. I'm looking for male and female actors. Once I have the script done for the first arc (which should be 10-25 5-10 minute episodes) I want to get started recording; this could be as soon as next month, or much later, depending on how the writing goes.

There's no money in it, but it'll be fun, and a chance to get your name out there. If you have any interest send an email to jimstoneadventures@gmail.com, and when I get the script done I'll send it aroundm, and if it looks like something you'd be into, there'll be a chance to record an audition.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:39 am

My email got bounced. :(

This is what it said:

Subject: Mr. Tweedy wants to audition

I would really like to be part of an audio play production. Problem: The only microphone I own is the one built into my MacBook. But, hey, I can still audition, right? Maybe the mike isn't that bad.

Anyway, I'm interested.

--Josh Hugo
Advertise in this space!

bolddeceiver

Post by bolddeceiver » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:28 am

Yeah, that would be the D I left out of the word "adventure" when I typed the address in the post >_<. I'll put you on the list.

strawman

Post by strawman » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:50 pm

Maybe you could get Norm to do you a theme song

Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear.... A fiery horse with the speed of light, a cloud of dust, and a hearty 'Hi-yo Silver!'

Syro

Post by Syro » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:38 am

I submitted an application

bolddeceiver

Post by bolddeceiver » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:42 pm

FYI, this project is on an indefinite hiatus, as I ran into some plot issues that are seemingly insurmountable. I'll probably pick up the script again after letting it rest, but don't hold your breath. I'll be sending an email to the people who have expressed interest with more info.
...the pagoda-like enclosure, where Japanese sand-badgers disported themselves...

Drabbling Daily

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:38 pm

Try this:

Without any sort of foreshadowing or context, if is suddenly revealed that Jim Stone is The Chosen One. He is endowed with powers that allow him to slaughter all the villains effortlessly. The previously reserved and prudish heroine is overcome with lust for his manliness and smothers him in kisses atop the pile of rubble he has made.

THE END

No charge for the tip, but do credit me as a co-author.

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:03 pm

Just add a telepathic penguin-warrior. Plot superglue, no lie.
"Give us all some Jelly"

Aquarello

Post by Aquarello » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:19 pm

It's an interesting idea, although I think that you're going to find it more useful to have people in the same room. An ENORMOUS part of acting is reacting, even if it's just voices.