Mutemath

For any and all info or discussion of podcasts and podcasting. Also community related miscellanea.
Mr. Tweedy

Mutemath

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:54 am

I dig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry6GAwDCI2I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false
Advertise in this space!

zZzacha

Re: Mutemath

Post by zZzacha » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:59 pm

Mr. Tweedy wrote:I dig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry6GAwDCI2I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false
MR. TWEEDY, THAT IS AWESOME!!!1!1 I TOTALLY DIG THAT TOO. I REALLY LIKE YOUR STYLE, MR TWEEDY, I CAN ONLY BE VERY POSITIVE HERE. LOVE IT. THUMP
I'll be there in 5 minutes. If not, read this again.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:45 pm

You're fired.
Advertise in this space!

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Post by StalinSays » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:32 pm

It has a nice sound to it. I'd poke fun at the fact it's on the Twillight soundtrack, but so is Thom Yorke. Takes the punch right out it.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:00 pm

They had a song on the "Transformers" soundtrack too. Fortunately, iTunes lets you buy songs individually. (Of course, I got the Mutemath song prior to actually watching* Transformers, so I didn't know at the time that being included in the soundtrack was a disgrace rather than an honor. Still, the song was good.)

Mutemath has made just two music videos. This is the other one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAtXKS9ZxvM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

I like them both for their great creativity on a tiny budget. The video for Spotlight evidently cost $0 to produce, and I doubt the video of Typical could have cost more than $1000. I also like that they both rely entirely on a cheesy camera trick and both (at least look like they) were done in one take. When you have no budget, sometimes it's more effective to flaunt that fact than try to hide it.

*I actually only watched about half of Transformers because I got a call from a Jehovah's Witness and talked to him through half the movie. After the first hour of Transformers, I had figured out that watching it and talking to a JW about the end of the world would have about the same entertainment value.
Advertise in this space!

zZzacha

Post by zZzacha » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:49 pm

Mr. Tweedy wrote:*I actually only watched about half of Transformers because I got a call from a Jehovah's Witness and talked to him through half the movie. After the first hour of Transformers, I had figured out that watching it and talking to a JW about the end of the world would have about the same entertainment value.
LOLz. I praise the height, width and depth of your endurance. And you also listening to a JW while doing it! Awesome
I'll be there in 5 minutes. If not, read this again.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:33 pm

That video was a hit when I posted it on my high-school-friends alumni email loop.

Spawned a lengthy discussion on Danelectric guitars too.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.