Riese

For any and all info or discussion of podcasts and podcasting. Also community related miscellanea.
Mr. Tweedy

Riese

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:19 am

riesetheseries.com

This looks mildly interesting. (Of course, I think anything indie looks mildly interesting.) I saw this a while ago and was waiting for the first episode to come out, but then nothing happens in the first episode. And the episode is only 7 minutes long. I know they're on a shoestring budget and all, but, really, I expect a TV episode to be at least 22 minutes.

I think it's funny how the chick is on the run from these hitmen, wounded, dirty, but she still found time to wax her pits. :D

Maybe episode 2 will have more to chew on?

Mr. Tweedy

Re: Riese

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:23 am

By the way, anybody want to be in my indie movie? There is no script yet and you will not be payed, and you'll have to let me boss you around for a week. And I have no idea when it would happen... or where. But I promise to use fake blood.

Yeah: I've got this neat new camera and it's saying "Make a movie with me!" Alas, poor camera, reality is set against you. :0
Advertise in this space!

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:24 am

Hey, I derailed my own thread on the second post! Woo hoo!
Advertise in this space!

zZzacha

Post by zZzacha » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Mr. Tweedy wrote:By the way, anybody want to be in my indie movie? There is no script yet and you will not be payed, and you'll have to let me boss you around for a week. And I have no idea when it would happen... or where. But I promise to use fake blood.

Yeah: I've got this neat new camera and it's saying "Make a movie with me!" Alas, poor camera, reality is set against you. :0
Sure, count me in! You do pay travel expenses, right?!
I will never say NO to fake blood, I've got enough of the real stuff to get real enthusiastic about that.

Ah, appliances that talk. Yeah, I got me a Wii screaming for attention and an old video camera willing to play, a nice little Nintendo DS whispering sweet words to attract me alongside his brother Gamecube, stacks of DVDs haunting my every waking moment, and ... I think I have too much stuff and too little time.
I'll be there in 5 minutes. If not, read this again.

zZzacha

Post by zZzacha » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:42 pm

Mr. Tweedy wrote:Hey, I derailed my own thread on the second post! Woo hoo!
I LOVE derailment!!! That makes me think about coffee. Gimme a moment, I'll be right back in this cool thread about trains and murder. Love it, love it, love it.

strawman

Post by strawman » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:15 pm

I read that aunts can lift up to 50 times their own weight. Whoa, mama!
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

F5iver

Post by F5iver » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:56 pm

I can phone in my part. My voice wants its own trailer, though.
Please get right on that.

zZzacha

Post by zZzacha » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:00 pm

strawman wrote:I read that aunts can lift up to 50 times their own weight. Whoa, mama!
Yay, more derailment!
Yes, I live with many aunts in a great aunt hill, protecting our aunt queen.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:55 am

Well, since nobody cares about Riese, anybody interested in "The Prisoner" on AMC? That looks pretty rad.
Advertise in this space!

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:23 pm

Okay: Nobody is interested in Riese or The Prisoner. How about "V"? Anybody watching "V"?
Advertise in this space!

zZzacha

Post by zZzacha » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:51 pm

I want to watch V!

It's not on Dutch television yet, so I can't say anything about it. Maybe I should just stay quiet in this post.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:14 pm

You don't have Hulu in Holland?
Advertise in this space!

strawman

Post by strawman » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:50 pm

Or you can watch it here:
http://abc.go.com/watch/v/240273/240461/pilot" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false
Their greatest weapon is "devotion"?
No, it is Hope.
Walk towards the light, everyone.

Spoiler:

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:02 am

Mr. Tweedy wrote:Well, since nobody cares about Riese, anybody interested in "The Prisoner" on AMC? That looks pretty rad.
I have hopes. Mainly that they don't mess it up too badly. Since there is no recreating Patrick MacGoohan, with any luck the new take on it will be an interesting, but different animal.

I'm always a bit leary of remakes of classics. Look at the horrible job A&E did on the remake of "The Lathe of Heaven" (I don't think removing the "The" from the title was an improvement either...)

Oh yeah, The Lathe of Heaven. Great book, great PBS production. Read the book, watch the original, (see a young Bruce Davison at the start of his acting career, before he became typecast as a crooked politician/lawyer.)
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:17 am

My hopes are high in large part because of the starring role of James Caviezel. There are a very few actors out there who seem really serious about acting as an art, and I think he is. Not only is he a good actor, but he seems to actually care about making good movies. (I haven't seen all his movies, but all the one's I've seen were winners.) I'm only familiar with Ian McKellen from X-Men and Lord of the Rings, but he also seems to take acting really seriously. The trailer I saw has a correspondingly serious bent: It was trying to sell me on big ideas and perplexing mysteries, not boobs and booms (even its explosions look understated).

I guess I can just say I'm interested because it seems to be selling itself as being about ideas. It looks good in the literary sense, not just in the sense of being entertaining.

Time will tell, of course, but the producers of The Prisoner definitely know how to sell a show to Mr. Tweedy.
Advertise in this space!

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:07 pm

Mr. Tweedy wrote:My hopes are high in large part because of the starring role of James Caviezel. There are a very few actors out there who seem really serious about acting as an art, and I think he is. Not only is he a good actor, but he seems to actually care about making good movies. (I haven't seen all his movies, but all the one's I've seen were winners.) I'm only familiar with Ian McKellen from X-Men and Lord of the Rings, but he also seems to take acting really seriously. The trailer I saw has a correspondingly serious bent: It was trying to sell me on big ideas and perplexing mysteries, not boobs and booms (even its explosions look understated).

I guess I can just say I'm interested because it seems to be selling itself as being about ideas. It looks good in the literary sense, not just in the sense of being entertaining.

Time will tell, of course, but the producers of The Prisoner definitely know how to sell a show to Mr. Tweedy.
I'll definitely be giving it a look.

Be seeing you.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

zZzacha

Post by zZzacha » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:31 am

Mr. Tweedy wrote:You don't have Hulu in Holland?
I didn't know of their existence! With a big smile I browsed the website, found V and got the awesome message:
Hulu wrote:We're sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed within the United States.
I weep

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:59 am

Bloody Americans!

Did you try abc.com? It's there too (in America, anyway).
Advertise in this space!

strawman

Post by strawman » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:48 pm

Couldn't watch all the way through last night. Of course the kid is going to lie to his FBI agent mother because he's got the cute lizard chick giving the winkysmiley. This kid HAS to die, but I know he'll just get a bunch of other people killed.
I think this show is very relective of Western self-preoccupation. It ignores what would happen if one of the ships was parked over Tehran or Pyongyang. Would Anna wear an abaya? Would she bow to the Dear Leader? Why is she Caucasian?
And the really big question: They're allowed to stay parked for weeks on top of the Empire State building? Everyone knows about alternate side of the street regs. You can be damned sure they'd be told to park over Hoboken.

Spoiler:

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:30 pm

Uh, there were ships over Tehran and Pyongyang. There are 29 ships parked over 29 cities. The show focuses on the American city because it's an American show.

I also thought it was odd how acquiescent the humans were about having giant flying saucers blotting out what little sky they have. There isn't really anything the humans could do about it, since it was established in the first 5 minutes of the episode that the aliens can neutralize any electronic weapon (i.e. missiles), so I suppose people would just get used to it. Along with the other apt and gratifying political commentary we've already seen, I hope they reveal that the leaders of the world really are afraid and angry about the aliens stealing their stage, but they're pretending to like it so they won't have to admit that they're powerless. If the government HAS to accept a situation, they're surely going to put a positive spin on it, right? They aren't going to admit to the public that they don't want the aliens around but haven't the power to chase them off.
Advertise in this space!