Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Submit 100 character stories for the weekly contest
User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:26 am

eric_marsh wrote:In an unprecedented operation the punctuation police rounded up 24 Drabble Cast members for "literary reeducation".
"'Literary reeducation'. Is that what we did to Muffin, Mom?"

"No, honey, that was litterbox training and de-fleaing"

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Inspired by yesterday's sermon

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:29 am

seani wrote:Ooh nice bit of menace in there. I like the way it whips the rug from under a Vampiric staple.

And I like the blue text. Is it (c) ASID? Seems like a practical way to flag "here be Twabbles" amongst "here be discussions about Twabbles"
Rats, I didn't get to copyright the coloring. BUT, I am the first to file for a patent on the twabble concept; you all owe me a bunch of money. :mrgreen:

User avatar
tbaker2500
Site Admin
Posts: 3613
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: West Lafayette, IN
Contact:

Re: Inspired by yesterday's sermon

Post by tbaker2500 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:33 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Rats, I didn't get to copyright the coloring. BUT, I am the first to file for a patent on the twabble concept; you all owe me a bunch of money. :mrgreen:
Prior art, buddy. I'm sure you'll get the patent, but it won't hold up in court. The lawyers won't mind, they get paid the whole way.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Inspired by yesterday's sermon

Post by ROU Killing Time » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:21 am

tbaker2500 wrote:
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Rats, I didn't get to copyright the coloring. BUT, I am the first to file for a patent on the twabble concept; you all owe me a bunch of money. :mrgreen:
Prior art, buddy. I'm sure you'll get the patent, but it won't hold up in court. The lawyers won't mind, they get paid the whole way.
It's like Magic The Gathering's patent on turning a card sideways, or using a marker to indicate the same thing. Or any computer code that does the same thing in a game to indicate a change of state.

Yes, Wizards of the Coast has a patent on the binary flag.

No one is particularly interested in fighting them in court over the issue though.

Deep pockets.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
tbaker2500
Site Admin
Posts: 3613
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: West Lafayette, IN
Contact:

Re: Inspired by yesterday's sermon

Post by tbaker2500 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:07 am

ROU Killing Time wrote:
tbaker2500 wrote:
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Rats, I didn't get to copyright the coloring. BUT, I am the first to file for a patent on the twabble concept; you all owe me a bunch of money. :mrgreen:
Prior art, buddy. I'm sure you'll get the patent, but it won't hold up in court. The lawyers won't mind, they get paid the whole way.
It's like Magic The Gathering's patent on turning a card sideways, or using a marker to indicate the same thing. Or any computer code that does the same thing in a game to indicate a change of state.

Yes, Wizards of the Coast has a patent on the binary flag.

No one is particularly interested in fighting them in court over the issue though.

Deep pockets.
In Australia a kid patented swinging sideways on a playground swing.
But anyway- twabbles were already here before ASID posted, and twit-fic was around before Norm started twabbles. etc, etc.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

SmudgeBot
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:36 pm
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas

My First Twabble - Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here!

Post by SmudgeBot » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:42 am

They broke down my door and dragged me away, freshly torn mattress tag still clutched in my fingers.

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: My First Twabble - Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here!

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:49 am

SmudgeBot wrote:They broke down my door and dragged me away, freshly torn mattress tag still clutched in my fingers.
Welcome aboard!

Not bad, story wise.

But, a couple of things:
  1. Since this is a duplicate of the thread you posted a while ago, you should delete that post (people are encouraged to post twabbles here rather than in new threads) -- to reduce thread-clutter.
  2. A twabble is exactly 100 characters, not counting whitespace. You can use this handy tool to check the length.

SmudgeBot
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:36 pm
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas

Re: My First Twabble

Post by SmudgeBot » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:34 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote: A twabble is exactly 100 characters, not counting whitespace.
I insist on counting spaces in my 100 character counts. Does that mean I'm a purist, or just spacey?

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: My First Twabble

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:40 am

SmudgeBot wrote:I insist on counting spaces in my 100 character counts. Does that mean I'm a purist, or just spacey?
It just means you don't follow the rules and are disqualified from "winning" (unless you come up with something that blows everybody away).

ETA: it also means that you were misleading when posting, "My First Twabble", since -- by definition -- it was not a twabble.

SmudgeBot
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:36 pm
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by SmudgeBot » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:26 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:It just means you don't follow the rules and are disqualified from "winning" (unless you come up with something that blows everybody away).

ETA: it also means that you were misleading when posting, "My First Twabble", since -- by definition -- it was not a twabble.
Since you put it that way, I'm nothing if not flexible. Consider me cured of my nitpicky obsession. I wanna be a Twabbler!

I do like your TwitFic Sizing Tool.

User avatar
F5iver
Member
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:20 pm
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by F5iver » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:15 am

"I'm being followed by a moon shadow," she sang. Of course mere hearsay and eyewitness accounts did not hold up in court.

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

My what big lips you have

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:40 am

"I see the shadow of your smile, in the moonlight," I said to the beautiful girl.
My teardrop kissed her lips as she bit me.

User avatar
Mr.Shadowbxre
Member
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:24 pm
Location: Guelph,Ontario

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Mr.Shadowbxre » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:49 pm

The alien horde had finally halted. Our sonic weapons had worked. Their battle cry was no more. "Yep yep yep yep, uh huh!"
The alien horde had finally halted. Our sonic weapons had worked. Their battle cry was no more. "Yep yep yep yep, uh huh!"
---------------------------

User avatar
Mr.Shadowbxre
Member
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:24 pm
Location: Guelph,Ontario

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Mr.Shadowbxre » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:52 pm

strawman wrote:
eric_marsh wrote:World Headline News

In an unprecedented operation the punctuation police rounded up 24 Drabble Cast members for "literary reeducation".
It was the unspoken secret that everyone knew: In a precisely 100 character twabble, good punctuation is the first to go


period. Oh, unspoken...nevermind. :)
The alien horde had finally halted. Our sonic weapons had worked. Their battle cry was no more. "Yep yep yep yep, uh huh!"
---------------------------

User avatar
Mr.Shadowbxre
Member
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:24 pm
Location: Guelph,Ontario

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Mr.Shadowbxre » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:07 pm

Dang creepy crawlies...

"That THING won't get me now that I have the bio suit on." Said William. "You did check the suit, right?" Asked Kucharski.
The alien horde had finally halted. Our sonic weapons had worked. Their battle cry was no more. "Yep yep yep yep, uh huh!"
---------------------------

User avatar
Mr.Shadowbxre
Member
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:24 pm
Location: Guelph,Ontario

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Mr.Shadowbxre » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:08 pm

Yeah! Sixty posts. Oops, nevermind.
The alien horde had finally halted. Our sonic weapons had worked. Their battle cry was no more. "Yep yep yep yep, uh huh!"
---------------------------

User avatar
eric_marsh
Member
Posts: 1088
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:03 pm
Location: La Drova, Valencia, Spain
Contact:

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by eric_marsh » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:47 pm

Mr.Shadowbxre wrote:
strawman wrote:
eric_marsh wrote:World Headline News

In an unprecedented operation the punctuation police rounded up 24 Drabble Cast members for "literary reeducation".
It was the unspoken secret that everyone knew: In a precisely 100 character twabble, good punctuation is the first to go
period. Oh, unspoken...nevermind. :)
:)
Life is a tragedy for those who feel, but a comedy to those who think. - Horace Walpole
Eric's Drabbles: http://eric-marsh.blogspot.com/"

User avatar
tbaker2500
Site Admin
Posts: 3613
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: West Lafayette, IN
Contact:

Re: My First Twabble

Post by tbaker2500 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:38 pm

SmudgeBot wrote:
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote: A twabble is exactly 100 characters, not counting whitespace.
I insist on counting spaces in my 100 character counts. Does that mean I'm a purist, or just spacey?
It means you're a free spirit who lives by your own rules! Anyway welcome to the forums Smudgebot.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by ROU Killing Time » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:46 pm

SmudgeBot wrote:
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:It just means you don't follow the rules and are disqualified from "winning" (unless you come up with something that blows everybody away).

ETA: it also means that you were misleading when posting, "My First Twabble", since -- by definition -- it was not a twabble.
Since you put it that way, I'm nothing if not flexible. Consider me cured of my nitpicky obsession. I wanna be a Twabbler!

I do like your TwitFic Sizing Tool.
"I'll bring the beer."
ASID eyed his quarry. Approaching and grabbing his arms, he twisted and turned him, then salted the SmudgeBot pretzel.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

nowicki1283
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:26 pm

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by nowicki1283 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:05 pm

The infinite monkeys did produce Shakespeare, but Shakespeare was not the product that cost janitor Dwain his sanity.

Post Reply