Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Submit 100 character stories for the weekly contest
Algernon Sydney is Dead

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:26 am

eric_marsh wrote:In an unprecedented operation the punctuation police rounded up 24 Drabble Cast members for "literary reeducation".
"'Literary reeducation'. Is that what we did to Muffin, Mom?"

"No, honey, that was litterbox training and de-fleaing"

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Re: Inspired by yesterday's sermon

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:29 am

seani wrote:Ooh nice bit of menace in there. I like the way it whips the rug from under a Vampiric staple.

And I like the blue text. Is it (c) ASID? Seems like a practical way to flag "here be Twabbles" amongst "here be discussions about Twabbles"
Rats, I didn't get to copyright the coloring. BUT, I am the first to file for a patent on the twabble concept; you all owe me a bunch of money. :mrgreen:

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:33 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Rats, I didn't get to copyright the coloring. BUT, I am the first to file for a patent on the twabble concept; you all owe me a bunch of money. :mrgreen:
Prior art, buddy. I'm sure you'll get the patent, but it won't hold up in court. The lawyers won't mind, they get paid the whole way.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:21 am

tbaker2500 wrote:
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Rats, I didn't get to copyright the coloring. BUT, I am the first to file for a patent on the twabble concept; you all owe me a bunch of money. :mrgreen:
Prior art, buddy. I'm sure you'll get the patent, but it won't hold up in court. The lawyers won't mind, they get paid the whole way.
It's like Magic The Gathering's patent on turning a card sideways, or using a marker to indicate the same thing. Or any computer code that does the same thing in a game to indicate a change of state.

Yes, Wizards of the Coast has a patent on the binary flag.

No one is particularly interested in fighting them in court over the issue though.

Deep pockets.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:07 am

ROU Killing Time wrote:
tbaker2500 wrote:
It's like Magic The Gathering's patent on turning a card sideways, or using a marker to indicate the same thing. Or any computer code that does the same thing in a game to indicate a change of state.

Yes, Wizards of the Coast has a patent on the binary flag.

No one is particularly interested in fighting them in court over the issue though.

Deep pockets.
In Australia a kid patented swinging sideways on a playground swing.
But anyway- twabbles were already here before ASID posted, and twit-fic was around before Norm started twabbles. etc, etc.

SmudgeBot

My First Twabble - Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here!

Post by SmudgeBot » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:42 am

They broke down my door and dragged me away, freshly torn mattress tag still clutched in my fingers.

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Re: My First Twabble - Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here!

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:49 am

SmudgeBot wrote:They broke down my door and dragged me away, freshly torn mattress tag still clutched in my fingers.
Welcome aboard!

Not bad, story wise.

But, a couple of things:
  1. Since this is a duplicate of the thread you posted a while ago, you should delete that post (people are encouraged to post twabbles here rather than in new threads) -- to reduce thread-clutter.
  2. A twabble is exactly 100 characters, not counting whitespace. You can use this handy tool to check the length.

SmudgeBot

Re: My First Twabble

Post by SmudgeBot » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:34 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote: A twabble is exactly 100 characters, not counting whitespace.
I insist on counting spaces in my 100 character counts. Does that mean I'm a purist, or just spacey?

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:40 am

SmudgeBot wrote:I insist on counting spaces in my 100 character counts. Does that mean I'm a purist, or just spacey?
It just means you don't follow the rules and are disqualified from "winning" (unless you come up with something that blows everybody away).

ETA: it also means that you were misleading when posting, "My First Twabble", since -- by definition -- it was not a twabble.

SmudgeBot

Post by SmudgeBot » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:26 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:It just means you don't follow the rules and are disqualified from "winning" (unless you come up with something that blows everybody away).

ETA: it also means that you were misleading when posting, "My First Twabble", since -- by definition -- it was not a twabble.
Since you put it that way, I'm nothing if not flexible. Consider me cured of my nitpicky obsession. I wanna be a Twabbler!

I do like your TwitFic Sizing Tool.

F5iver

Post by F5iver » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:15 am

"I'm being followed by a moon shadow," she sang. Of course mere hearsay and eyewitness accounts did not hold up in court.

Algernon Sydney is Dead

My what big lips you have

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:40 am

"I see the shadow of your smile, in the moonlight," I said to the beautiful girl.
My teardrop kissed her lips as she bit me.

Mr.Shadowbxre

Post by Mr.Shadowbxre » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:49 pm

The alien horde had finally halted. Our sonic weapons had worked. Their battle cry was no more. "Yep yep yep yep, uh huh!"
The alien horde had finally halted. Our sonic weapons had worked. Their battle cry was no more. "Yep yep yep yep, uh huh!"
---------------------------

Mr.Shadowbxre

Post by Mr.Shadowbxre » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:52 pm

strawman wrote:
eric_marsh wrote:World Headline News

In an unprecedented operation the punctuation police rounded up 24 Drabble Cast members for "literary reeducation".
It was the unspoken secret that everyone knew: In a precisely 100 character twabble, good punctuation is the first to go

period. Oh, unspoken...nevermind. :)

Mr.Shadowbxre

Post by Mr.Shadowbxre » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:07 pm

Dang creepy crawlies...

"That THING won't get me now that I have the bio suit on." Said William. "You did check the suit, right?" Asked Kucharski.

Mr.Shadowbxre

Post by Mr.Shadowbxre » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:08 pm

Yeah! Sixty posts. Oops, nevermind.

eric_marsh

Post by eric_marsh » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:47 pm

Mr.Shadowbxre wrote:
strawman wrote:
eric_marsh wrote:World Headline News

In an unprecedented operation the punctuation police rounded up 24 Drabble Cast members for "literary reeducation".
It was the unspoken secret that everyone knew: In a precisely 100 character twabble, good punctuation is the first to go
period. Oh, unspoken...nevermind. :)
:)
Life is a tragedy for those who feel, but a comedy to those who think. - Horace Walpole
Eric's Drabbles: http://eric-marsh.blogspot.com/"

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:38 pm

SmudgeBot wrote:
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote: A twabble is exactly 100 characters, not counting whitespace.
I insist on counting spaces in my 100 character counts. Does that mean I'm a purist, or just spacey?
It means you're a free spirit who lives by your own rules! Anyway welcome to the forums Smudgebot.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:46 pm

SmudgeBot wrote:
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:It just means you don't follow the rules and are disqualified from "winning" (unless you come up with something that blows everybody away).

Since you put it that way, I'm nothing if not flexible. Consider me cured of my nitpicky obsession. I wanna be a Twabbler!

I do like your TwitFic Sizing Tool.
"I'll bring the beer."
ASID eyed his quarry. Approaching and grabbing his arms, he twisted and turned him, then salted the SmudgeBot pretzel.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

nowicki1283

Post by nowicki1283 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:05 pm

The infinite monkeys did produce Shakespeare, but Shakespeare was not the product that cost janitor Dwain his sanity.