Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Submit 100 character stories for the weekly contest
User avatar
tbaker2500
Site Admin
Posts: 3612
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: West Lafayette, IN
Contact:

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by tbaker2500 » Tue May 06, 2014 2:08 am

Hee hee...
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

User avatar
MadeintheDark
Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:42 am
Location: Nottawa, ON, Canada

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by MadeintheDark » Tue May 06, 2014 6:40 pm


70's left commune, real job 80's self-absorbed 90's genetic seeding seven kids Now handmade hummus am I a hippie still?

inspired by @SpinDaddy 's use of the word "hippie" :)
Cheers - Made in the Dark and Stanley the Alien
"Writing appears to be more than just hitting the keys in the right order." - MitD
Twitter: @MitDandStanley

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3517
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Tue May 06, 2014 6:52 pm

Hippieism is a blight upon humanity. It shall stain your line & your soul down unto the seventh generation. Far out, man.

User avatar
MadeintheDark
Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:42 am
Location: Nottawa, ON, Canada

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by MadeintheDark » Tue May 06, 2014 7:02 pm


There is an Alien in my head and she's making me dance! That's just your brain. Huh?, my brain? There's an alien in my head!
Cheers - Made in the Dark and Stanley the Alien
"Writing appears to be more than just hitting the keys in the right order." - MitD
Twitter: @MitDandStanley

User avatar
MadeintheDark
Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:42 am
Location: Nottawa, ON, Canada

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by MadeintheDark » Tue May 06, 2014 7:44 pm

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Hippieism is a blight upon humanity. It shall stain your line & your soul down unto the seventh generation. Far out, man.
'Far Out', a term popularized by the character Spinoli (Sean Penn) in the Cameron Crowe pen'd movie 'Fast Times at Ridgemount High'.

Dear Sydney,

Spinoli was a SURFIE not a Hippie!

I have never used the term 'Far out'... Maybe once..., but in my defense we were visiting a commune named 'Far Out' and there was the Mescaline. Our commune was called 'Underhill' because it was, well, at the foot of a hill and in no way suggest a generational obsession with Tolkien.

What is the ascii art for tongue in cheek?
Cheers - Made in the Dark and Stanley the Alien
"Writing appears to be more than just hitting the keys in the right order." - MitD
Twitter: @MitDandStanley

User avatar
MadeintheDark
Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:42 am
Location: Nottawa, ON, Canada

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by MadeintheDark » Tue May 06, 2014 8:00 pm


"I am a Hippie!", he said.
"No you'er not.", she said.
"Am too", he said.
"Does your mom still wash your jeans?", she asked

Excerpted from ' Imaginary conversations with Algernon Sydney is Dead and Made in the Dark"
Cheers - Made in the Dark and Stanley the Alien
"Writing appears to be more than just hitting the keys in the right order." - MitD
Twitter: @MitDandStanley

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3517
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Tue May 06, 2014 8:37 pm

MadeintheDark wrote:'Far Out', a term popularized by the character Spinoli (Sean Penn) in the Cameron Crowe pen'd movie 'Fast Times at Ridgemount High'.
"Far out" started with the Beatniks and was heavily used by hippies long before Sean Penn entered any high school, real or fictitious.

"Underhill", eh? Me and the boys never got around to that one... (One more minor thing to add to my "In case of time-travel" list. :twisted: )

User avatar
Spindaddy
Member
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:12 am
Location: Frickin' Jersey

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Spindaddy » Wed May 07, 2014 12:34 am

MadeintheDark wrote:
70's left commune, real job 80's self-absorbed 90's genetic seeding seven kids Now handmade hummus am I a hippie still?

inspired by @SpinDaddy 's use of the word "hippie" :)
Woot! I inspired something positive... I think!
I'm not Evil. I'm Corporate.
Zombie Catfish.

Will_D
Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 5:32 pm

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Will_D » Wed May 07, 2014 3:11 pm

After the procedure, he had to trade in his power-suit for his birthday suit. It made his press conferences . . . awkward.

User avatar
MadeintheDark
Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:42 am
Location: Nottawa, ON, Canada

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by MadeintheDark » Wed May 07, 2014 5:03 pm

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:
MadeintheDark wrote:'Far Out', a term popularized by the character Spinoli (Sean Penn) in the Cameron Crowe pen'd movie 'Fast Times at Ridgemount High'.
"Far out" started with the Beatniks and was heavily used by hippies long before Sean Penn entered any high school, real or fictitious.

"Underhill", eh? Me and the boys never got around to that one... (One more minor thing to add to my "In case of time-travel" list. :twisted: )
hmmm... you are correct, of course... but being of a certain age I have a habit(bad?) of picking my audiences life-time-travel-point-of-reference. I considered; origin 1950's,the Beat Generation; popularized 1970's, Cheech and Chong and the aforementioned Spinoli 1980's. Note, in my own defence. I did use the word popularized.

Stanley( the alien in my head) suggests we move on to 'Groovy' POPULARIZED Laugh-In (1968-1973). Race you to the Twabble. 1-2-3-Go.
Cheers - Made in the Dark and Stanley the Alien
"Writing appears to be more than just hitting the keys in the right order." - MitD
Twitter: @MitDandStanley

User avatar
MadeintheDark
Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:42 am
Location: Nottawa, ON, Canada

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by MadeintheDark » Wed May 07, 2014 5:17 pm


"You are just an old Hippie.", she said
"I am not old!" he said
"But mommy said you were a Hippie and you have a groovy face."

A shot across thy bow, Sir Sydney of Algernon Dead.
Cheers - Made in the Dark and Stanley the Alien
"Writing appears to be more than just hitting the keys in the right order." - MitD
Twitter: @MitDandStanley

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by ROU Killing Time » Wed May 07, 2014 8:20 pm

JarodKAnderson wrote:"Fame has changed you, bro," said Desert Whatsit. Forest Doodad and Mountain Chotski nodded. Swamp Thing looked hurt.
Aces.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
JarodKAnderson
Member
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:34 am
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by JarodKAnderson » Wed May 07, 2014 9:51 pm

Little Sissie cried when she lost her baby teeth. I promised to get her more, but human babies are seldom left unguarded.

User avatar
brainz
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 10:42 pm
Location: TX

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by brainz » Wed May 07, 2014 10:21 pm

I think his nasty, yellow teeth were what bothered me most...but, after a few tries, I finally managed to keep them down.

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3517
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Thu May 08, 2014 12:30 am

MadeintheDark wrote:"You are just an old Hippie.", she said
"I am not old!" he said
"But mommy said you were a Hippie and you have a groovy face."


A shot across thy bow, Sir Sydney of Algernon Dead.
Hah! The SOB in question was offline for 12 hours. You missed.

We had a groovy kind of love:
My carpenter friend mentioned a tongue-and-groove joint. So we went there. We spent the whole night licking vinyl LPs.

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3517
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Thu May 08, 2014 12:33 am

JarodKAnderson wrote:Little Sissie cried when she lost her baby teeth. I promised to get her more, but human babies are seldom left unguarded.
And
brainz wrote:I think his nasty, yellow teeth were what bothered me most...but, after a few tries, I finally managed to keep them down.
Hmmm. Two good ones with very similar themes. A conspiracy or have we found another riffer? :)

Cumbrous&Unlovely
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:38 am

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Cumbrous&Unlovely » Thu May 08, 2014 12:56 am

Bloody finger pies. He’s proud of his work. Seated at the table he feels no hunger. Besides, he couldn’t dial out anyway.

User avatar
brainz
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 10:42 pm
Location: TX

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by brainz » Thu May 08, 2014 1:06 am

Conspiracy. 8)

Let's try again:

It was his birthday...so we got him a present, made him a little cake and hat...and even loosened his chains a little bit.

User avatar
tbaker2500
Site Admin
Posts: 3612
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: West Lafayette, IN
Contact:

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by tbaker2500 » Thu May 08, 2014 5:26 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:We had a groovy kind of love:
My carpenter friend mentioned a tongue-and-groove joint. So we went there. We spent the whole night licking vinyl LPs.
What is this, a triple-entendre?
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3517
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Thu May 08, 2014 5:32 am

tbaker2500 wrote:
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:We had a groovy kind of love:
My carpenter friend mentioned a tongue-and-groove joint. So we went there. We spent the whole night licking vinyl LPs.
What is this, a triple-entendre?
Maaaaybe. (We still need that halo smiley!) Just remember that a carpenter is a wood worker...

Post Reply