Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Submit 100 character stories for the weekly contest
User avatar
Shiny_Object
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:47 pm

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Shiny_Object » Tue May 15, 2012 12:39 am

Travelin Corpse Feet wrote:Day nine. I eat old peanuts and cracker jacks under the bleachers. I meant it when I said "I don't care if I never get back."
BWA-HA-HA! :D Most excellent!
Yes, I'm a girl.

User avatar
Farseeker
Member
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:18 pm

Reboot

Post by Farseeker » Tue May 15, 2012 2:46 pm

My body was dying. Starting the transfer to a new one, I reminded myself “Today is the first day of the last of your lives.”
I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

User avatar
Shiny_Object
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:47 pm

Re: Reboot

Post by Shiny_Object » Tue May 15, 2012 11:10 pm

Farseeker wrote:My body was dying. Starting the transfer to a new one, I reminded myself “Today is the first day of the last of your lives.”
I love this one. It's a little bit Doctor Who, a little bit 'The Hidden', with a little Body Snatchers thrown in for good measure.
Yes, I'm a girl.

User avatar
Shiny_Object
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:47 pm

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Shiny_Object » Tue May 15, 2012 11:30 pm

Bo's resume was handed back to him. "I'm sorry, sir. Job opportunities for spontaneous self-immolation are limited."
Yes, I'm a girl.

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Reboot

Post by ROU Killing Time » Tue May 15, 2012 11:37 pm

Shiny_Object wrote:
Farseeker wrote:My body was dying. Starting the transfer to a new one, I reminded myself “Today is the first day of the last of your lives.”
I love this one. It's a little bit Doctor Who, a little bit 'The Hidden', with a little Body Snatchers thrown in for good measure.
And a little bit, fluffy the kitty cat. :-)
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
Shiny_Object
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:47 pm

Re: Reboot

Post by Shiny_Object » Wed May 16, 2012 1:14 am

ROU Killing Time wrote:
Shiny_Object wrote:
Farseeker wrote:My body was dying. Starting the transfer to a new one, I reminded myself “Today is the first day of the last of your lives.”
I love this one. It's a little bit Doctor Who, a little bit 'The Hidden', with a little Body Snatchers thrown in for good measure.
And a little bit, fluffy the kitty cat. :-)

And a little bit country, a little bit rock n' roll. A little bit me, a little bit you.... Er, I'm gonna stop now.
Yes, I'm a girl.

User avatar
Astroguyz
Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:21 pm

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Astroguyz » Wed May 16, 2012 7:16 pm

Adolf grabbed the Luger on his desk. As another time traveler approached, he thought to himself, “It must be Thursday…”

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3514
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed May 16, 2012 10:40 pm

Now you've made me want to remember the name of that story that had scores of clowns, from various points in the future, popping in on Nazi Germany. They're rounded up, but one TT manages to kill the wrong guy and make things worse.

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3514
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Thu May 17, 2012 8:03 am

I told my wife, "Doctor Sweeny says that Viagra solves many birds with one bone."
I'm due to leave the hospital next week.

User avatar
Astroguyz
Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:21 pm

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Astroguyz » Thu May 17, 2012 6:52 pm

Yeah, Adolf probably knew first hand whether time travel was possible or not, from the amount of visitors he received... never heard of the story mentioned, but Hitler-killing Time Travelers are right up there with Pact with the Devil stories when it comes to cliche themes. The BBC series Misfits gave it new treatment in an episode when a TT was killed by Hitler and he discovered his futuristic tech (a mobile phone) enabling the Nazis to back engineer it and dominate the future world.

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by ROU Killing Time » Thu May 17, 2012 10:34 pm

Astroguyz wrote:Yeah, Adolf probably knew first hand whether time travel was possible or not, from the amount of visitors he received... never heard of the story mentioned, but Hitler-killing Time Travelers are right up there with Pact with the Devil stories when it comes to cliche themes. The BBC series Misfits gave it new treatment in an episode when a TT was killed by Hitler and he discovered his futuristic tech (a mobile phone) enabling the Nazis to back engineer it and dominate the future world.
And of course the Dr.Who mid-season teaser "Lets Kill hitler"
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by ROU Killing Time » Thu May 17, 2012 11:33 pm

Here's my stab at the trope.

1/30/1933: TT-X unit #1,349,372 steps through the time rift and executes the newly elected chancellor, one more time.

(we live in the world that they never got around to.)
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3514
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri May 18, 2012 1:48 am

The time-fools killed Hitler, removing insanity from the Huns' war machine. The Third Reich died when all mankind did.

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by ROU Killing Time » Fri May 18, 2012 2:24 am

U put some stank on that one, Asid. Nice use of the law of unintended consequences.
Why "huns'" not nazis tho?
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3514
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri May 18, 2012 2:47 am

Read Churchill.

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by ROU Killing Time » Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Read Churchill.
Ah, gotcha.

So this twit-fic was scrawled on the wall of Winston Churchill the 395th's 8x8 cell in Stalag 1.

One could well imagine that the Third Reich would want to keep him (or a succession of clones) around to parade on Adolf Hitler's birthday. (That poor, sad, and insane martyr, by who's death victory was finally achieved.)
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3514
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri May 18, 2012 5:03 am

I'd read a story like that!

Alas, it doesn't pass the "fridge logic" test... Churchill had way too much liver and lung damage to ever be clonable. But he was self-pickled for posterity. :D

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by ROU Killing Time » Fri May 18, 2012 5:59 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:I'd read a story like that!

Alas, it doesn't pass the "fridge logic" test... Churchill had way too much liver and lung damage to ever be clonable. But he was self-pickled for posterity. :D
You just need a world class geneticist. I know a couple, (but they arent Nazis.)
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by ROU Killing Time » Fri May 18, 2012 6:47 am

ROU Killing Time wrote:
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:I'd read a story like that!

Alas, it doesn't pass the "fridge logic" test... Churchill had way too much liver and lung damage to ever be clonable. But he was self-pickled for posterity. :D
You just need a world class geneticist. I know a couple, (but they arent Nazis.)
Also, there was more than enough viable DNA in his jowls alone.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by ROU Killing Time » Fri May 18, 2012 6:59 am

The Man in the High Casket

A thousand years since the Time Corps killed him, der Märtyrer still looks down upon us and leads the Reich. Heil Hitler.

****
(with regards to Philip K. Dick and ASID's exhortation that sometimes you should just leave bad enough alone.)
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

Post Reply