Page 242 of 385

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:46 am
by ROU Killing Time
Who knew that Jesus is a balding, myopic white-dude?

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:21 am
by strawman
But...Wikipedia, ASID.
Wikifrakkinpedia!

Also, your picture omits Google holding Jesus in its hands. At least, Jesus' glasses should be Google glasses.

Nevertheless, thanks for the link.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:34 am
by Algernon Sydney is Dead
Those are Google Glass -- the super high Def, mega bandwidth model. See how much bigger the "screen" is?

Sadly, the NSA now collects more info than he does, though.

PS: You should be asking why the holy light is on Jesus' left (literally sinister) side. :shock:

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:48 am
by strawman
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote: PS: You should be asking why the holy light is on Jesus' left (literally sinister) side. :shock:
No need to ask. Makes perfect sense:
Acts 2:33 Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:18 pm
by Algernon Sydney is Dead
It looked somewhat like a cat
and gave a "meow" most crabby.
But between the horn and tentacles
it damn-sure was no tabby.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:54 am
by DireCari
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:It looked somewhat like a cat
and gave a "meow" most crabby.
But between the horn and tentacles
it damn-sure was no tabby.

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrfect! :D

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:24 am
by ROU Killing Time
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:It looked somewhat like a cat
and gave a "meow" most crabby.
But between the horn and tentacles
it damn-sure was no tabby.
I <3 Grumpy Cat. (Annoys the hell outta her.)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:36 am
by natalieford
Rolling around the place like a drunk. All I have taken in today is water. Good old Multiple Sclerosis. Going back to bed.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:58 am
by Algernon Sydney is Dead
natalieford wrote:Rolling around the place like a drunk. All I have taken in today is water. Good old Multiple Sclerosis. Going back to bed.
Welcome aboard, natalieford!

natalieford wrote:I wonder why my post has not appeared on this thread… so I am posting it again:
All first-time posters have to be hand moderated. This is to allow ample time for the appropriate palm greasing block the spammers that get through the auto-checks every so often.

I don't think you're a spammer, but my palm is awfully light! :wink:

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:28 am
by Varda
Lily screamed. Her baby boy snuggled into her lap, giggling - 8 tentacles where his arms should be. "Look, Ma, no hands!"

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:52 pm
by eric_marsh
The Google Glass "From Beyond" plugin was popular at first but the coder forgot that if we can see them they can see us too.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:23 pm
by eric_marsh
Writing a Google Glass hypnotizing plugin is easy. That's why a nerd succeeded where so many mad scientists had failed.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:09 am
by tbaker2500
eric_marsh wrote:Writing a Google Glass hypnotizing plugin is easy. That's why a nerd succeeded where so many mad scientists had failed.
Oh, yeah! I likey.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:51 am
by DireCari
Varda wrote:Lily screamed. Her baby boy snuggled into her lap, giggling - 8 tentacles where his arms should be. "Look, Ma, no hands!"
Ok, Varda...you inspired me. :mrgreen:

Susie looked at her squid-lettes. Casual space sex hadn't been a good idea. At least she could keep them in the aquarium.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:20 am
by Algernon Sydney is Dead
DireCari wrote:Ok, Varda...you inspired me. :mrgreen:

Susie looked at her squid-lettes. Casual space sex hadn't been a good idea. At least she could keep them in the aquarium.
Stork Raving Dad:
About birth control, she had a misconception.
And, my mind was occupied by my huge *ahem*.
Meet our kid: Accident Jones.


Fun fact about space sex: The fluids expended, on one "money shot" cost upwards of $400 to $1000 to put into orbit (tax payer funded). That doesn't count the booze, or certain water-works, either.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:32 pm
by Varda
DireCari wrote:
Varda wrote:Lily screamed. Her baby boy snuggled into her lap, giggling - 8 tentacles where his arms should be. "Look, Ma, no hands!"
Ok, Varda...you inspired me. :mrgreen:

Susie looked at her squid-lettes. Casual space sex hadn't been a good idea. At least she could keep them in the aquarium.
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote: Stork Raving Dad:
About birth control, she had a misconception.
And, my mind was occupied by my huge *ahem*.
Meet our kid: Accident Jones.
:lol:

She'd been such a considerate lover, but when their baby burst through his chest, he swore off casual space sex for good.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:03 pm
by ROU Killing Time
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:
DireCari wrote:Ok, Varda...you inspired me. :mrgreen:

Susie looked at her squid-lettes. Casual space sex hadn't been a good idea. At least she could keep them in the aquarium.
Stork Raving Dad:
About birth control, she had a misconception.
And, my mind was occupied by my huge *ahem*.
Meet our kid: Accident Jones.


Fun fact about space sex: The fluids expended, on one "money shot" cost upwards of $400 to $1000 to put into orbit (tax payer funded). That doesn't count the booze, or certain water-works, either.
My mom assured me I wasn't an accident, (but I was a big surprise.)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:14 pm
by DireCari
It seems we are all agreed: you gotta watch out for those slippery aliens. There are, however, always some who have been around the asteroid belt:

The mirror said "lethal," but this was a casual date. Galaxina dialed her thigh-high mutant-tamer 5000's back to stun.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:16 pm
by strawman
Fact is, many twabbles are not self-contained. They are single frames from a scene. That's the sense I have from this one, DireCari. It made me wonder if anyone could write a short story consisting of 100-character sentences. Then I thought it wouldn't be a very good short story because of pacing issues.

But what might be fun is trying it with a drabble. Call it double trouble, or twabble drabble.
See you guys in a week. I'm going in.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:36 pm
by Algernon Sydney is Dead
DireCari wrote: The mirror said "lethal," but this was a casual date. Galaxina dialed her thigh-high mutant-tamer 5000's back to stun.
I can't decide if I should give a thumb's up for the Galaxina reference, or if I should sue for making me remember that movie. :? :)

strawman wrote:It made me wonder if anyone could write a short story consisting of 100-character sentences. Then I thought it wouldn't be a very good short story because of pacing issues.

But what might be fun is trying it with a drabble. Call it double trouble, or twabble drabble.
There have been attempts to do this; several on this very forum. Occasionally, a twabble and a sequel succeed. In fact, two such pairs have "won" the twabble contest. But the twabble-drabble attempts have not been anything to sneeze at. (I include my own)