Page 27 of 386

Re: The Man Who Could Read Minds

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:46 pm
by strawman
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Ouch and ouch!

I imagine nose-picking would be extra fun too.

Every night since his 12th birthday, the ouches could be heard coming from his room. Would ASID's nosebleeds never end?

Re: The Man Who Could Read Minds

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:57 pm
by Algernon Sydney is Dead
strawman wrote:
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Ouch and ouch!

I imagine nose-picking would be extra fun too.
Every night since his 12th birthday, the ouches could be heard coming from his room. Would ASID's nosebleeds never end?
:lol: Touché. Literally.

The Problem with Time Travel

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:10 am
by Aquarello
Drifting, Alan realized where all the probes had gone. He had traveled in time. Meanwhile, Earth had traveled in space.


(Seriously: have you ever read a time-travel story that takes into account the fact that the Earth turns and moves around the sun? Go one hour either way, and earth is 66,600 miles away....)

Re: The Problem with Time Travel

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:13 am
by dreamrock
Aquarello wrote:(Seriously: have you ever read a time-travel story that takes into account the fact that the Earth turns and moves around the sun? Go one hour either way, and earth is 66,600 miles away....)
:lol: Not yet. Cuz that's what the Heisenberg Compensators are for. Oh, wait, that was transporters and they were bullshitting Moriarty. Hm. Interesting point.

Re: The Problem with Time Travel

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:34 am
by Algernon Sydney is Dead
Aquarello wrote:(Seriously: have you ever read a time-travel story that takes into account the fact that the Earth turns and moves around the sun? Go one hour either way, and earth is 66,600 miles away....)
Why, yes. A stunningly brilliant twabble :D , on this very theme, was posted here.

Also, the whole solar system is moving at a goodly clip, much more than 67K mph.

Re: The Problem with Time Travel

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:44 am
by ROU Killing Time
Aquarello wrote:Drifting, Alan realized where all the probes had gone. He had traveled in time. Meanwhile, Earth had traveled in space.


(Seriously: have you ever read a time-travel story that takes into account the fact that the Earth turns and moves around the sun? Go one hour either way, and earth is 66,600 miles away....)
Yes, I have come across that problem before in time travel stories, but I can't remember which one it is.

I've read so many.

Still, nicely stated in 100 characters. :thumbs:

Re: The Problem with Time Travel

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:12 am
by Aquarello
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:
Aquarello wrote:(Seriously: have you ever read a time-travel story that takes into account the fact that the Earth turns and moves around the sun? Go one hour either way, and earth is 66,600 miles away....)
Why, yes. A stunningly brilliant twabble :D , on this very theme, was posted here.

Also, the whole solar system is moving at a goodly clip, much more than 67K mph.
Ah, well. Great Minds Think Alike, I guess.... :lol:

How do I know you didn't travel through time and steal my idea from last week, huh? Huh? Huh?

Re: The Problem with Time Travel

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:23 am
by Algernon Sydney is Dead
Aquarello wrote:How do I know you didn't travel through time and steal my idea from last week, huh? Huh? Huh?
Well, that was number 3 on my list.
Right after placing those sports bets and sternly telling myself that, Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel was NOT worth seeing for the kitsch factor.

Re: The Man Who Could Read Minds

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:24 am
by tbaker2500
strawman wrote:Tom would have chosen blindness if he could. His mother had been so right when she had warned him not to play with himself.
My mother said nothing of the sort!

Now, your mama's so fat...

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:58 am
by Mr. Tweedy
I was trying to inspire horror, and instead I have inspired "yo mama" jokes. Woe is me. :(

Re: The Problem with Time Travel

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:32 am
by munsi
Aquarello wrote:Drifting, Alan realized where all the probes had gone. He had traveled in time. Meanwhile, Earth had traveled in space.


(Seriously: have you ever read a time-travel story that takes into account the fact that the Earth turns and moves around the sun? Go one hour either way, and earth is 66,600 miles away....)
...i laughed out loud at this, and when i read it to them, so did my roommates. golden, love it.

B-side, blindness

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:56 am
by Algernon Sydney is Dead
"Praise the Lord, I see the light!" And it was true; the combat laser dropped its victims with a distinctive white flash.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:14 am
by themorg
Mr. Tweedy wrote:I was trying to inspire horror, and instead I have inspired "yo mama" jokes. Woe is me. :(

The machine partly worked.
The intended horror was changed into a "yo mamma" jokes.
That is what happens with C+ in math.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:50 am
by themorg
"Mom was right, i should've studied in physics class." Bob said as his 70 foot robotic bear kept head butting buildings.

Re: The Problem with Time Travel

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:03 am
by F5iver
Aquarello wrote:Drifting, Alan realized where all the probes had gone. He had traveled in time. Meanwhile, Earth had traveled in space.
Sadly, you cannot drink Pepsi once it's gone through your nose.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:49 am
by ROU Killing Time
themorg wrote:"Mom was right, i should've studied in physics class." Bob said as his 70 foot robotic bear kept head butting buildings.
Isn't that more of an engineering problem?

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:21 am
by themorg
ROU Killing Time wrote:
themorg wrote:"Mom was right, i should've studied in physics class." Bob said as his 70 foot robotic bear kept head butting buildings.
Isn't that more of an engineering problem?
Bob should have listened to his ma and there would have not been 70 foot bears attacking his old employers headquarters.
Drabble By Morgan Olson

Bob blamed his huge mistake on his poor grasp of math.
More specifically the c+ he got in physics.
Bob had dropped out of his Doctor of Engineering program because Bob had tried Enzyte.
Frustration at not being able to loose his erection, his wife allowed Bob to fulfill his poly dreams.
All of Bob's wifes coworkers got pregnant.
It was at the company Christmas party.
All the ladies had sat on Santa's north pole.
"Why am i building robots when in a couple of years i could have a legions of children." Bob thought out loud to no one.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:25 pm
by dreamrock
He kicked her out. He had good reasons. She always screwed up breakfast. It wasn't his fault toasters were sentient now.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:15 pm
by themorg
dreamrock wrote:He kicked her out. He had good reasons. She always screwed up breakfast. It wasn't his fault toasters were sentient now.
it scares me because i have thrown more than one toaster out without near so nice of a send off. i bet if the toast story was still on its way (instead of last year) this would have been the perfect twabble to have been on that drabblecast. i like it a lot.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:55 pm
by themorg
"She takes after her grandfather, the Bastard Sword and her mother the Battle Ax." Cleaver said to his friends over oil.