Page 303 of 381

Women are complex creatures

Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:04 pm
by dookiedan
As her muffled cries of "help me!" came from the trunk, I scoffed. "Women. Always thinking of yourselves, aren't you?".


Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:11 pm
by MadeintheDark
The strawman stood and embraced his one true phonetic god still haunted by the question of the ages, tongue or no tongue?

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:35 am
by tbaker2500
Nice ones, guys/gals! And welcome to the new members.

UFK

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:32 am
by SpareInch
Ever since The Mass Extinction Event, Mankind’s very favourite fast food has been The Colonel’s Unlucky Fried Kitten.

Re: UFK

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:09 am
by Algernon Sydney is Dead
SpareInch wrote:Ever since The Mass Extinction Event, Mankind’s very favourite fast food has been The Colonel’s Unlucky Fried Kitten.
Please tell me that's Cockney and you really don't mean to rubber duck Postman Pat or some-such. :?
Otherwise, favorite is not spelled the Proper American Way. :P

Re: UFK

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:23 pm
by SpareInch
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:
SpareInch wrote:Ever since The Mass Extinction Event, Mankind’s very favourite fast food has been The Colonel’s Unlucky Fried Kitten.
Please tell me that's Cockney and you really don't mean to rubber duck Postman Pat or some-such. :?
Otherwise, favorite is not spelled the Proper American Way. :P
I can't do Cockney, being from the other end of England. Unlucky Fried Kitten just happens to have the right number of syllables. I might be able to do something with Kitten Tikka Masala, but it wouldn't work as well.

As for spellings... I didn't realise I HAD to spell everything wrong. LOL :)

You couldn't know, but I am, in fact, blind, so unless I start mucking about with settings on my Mac, VoiceOver quacks at me every time I stray from the OED. It can get annoying.

Re: UFK

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:32 pm
by Algernon Sydney is Dead
SpareInch wrote:You couldn't know, but I am, in fact, blind, so unless I start mucking about with settings on my Mac, VoiceOver quacks at me every time I stray from the OED. It can get annoying.
I can imagine. I see my bleeping computers being annoying several times a day.
How much of a PITA is it browsing Drabblecast sites for the blind (or is it better than average). Do you use the twitfic sizer? Same question for it.

Re: UFK

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:08 pm
by SpareInch
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:
SpareInch wrote:You couldn't know, but I am, in fact, blind, so unless I start mucking about with settings on my Mac, VoiceOver quacks at me every time I stray from the OED. It can get annoying.
I can imagine. I see my bleeping computers being annoying several times a day.
How much of a PITA is it browsing Drabblecast sites for the blind (or is it better than average). Do you use the twitfic sizer? Same question for it.
Well, I only joined yesterday, but apart from the usual problems with learning my way around a new site, this is a pretty good one. I haven't really found anything my Screen Reader couldn't read, which is good, and I was VERY happy When I didn't have to contend with one of those horrible obscured pictures to prove I wasn't a robot on registration.

I have used the sizing tool, and that was nice and clear too.

Well done Drabblecast Forums! 10/10

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:39 pm
by JoshPeters
Yellow signs warn of dangerous beasts down the road known as caution children.

The signs say "Caution children ahead".

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:02 pm
by strawman
The saddest signs are the ones that say SLOW CHILDREN.

It's even more pathetic when some of their mothers have those "My child is an honor student at..." bumper stickers. What's next, building museums to display their art therapy fingerpaints?

Sorry moms, your kid has been officially diagnosed as slow. And thanks to Google, that stigma is part of their permanent record.

The Fisherman

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:11 pm
by MadeintheDark
Keyboard baited with offense. Searching the sea for ripples of web finned fish. I reeled back, cast and began trolling.

Re: UFK

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:01 pm
by Algernon Sydney is Dead
SpareInch wrote:I haven't really found anything my Screen Reader couldn't read, which is good, and I was VERY happy When I didn't have to contend with one of those horrible obscured pictures to prove I wasn't a robot on registration.

I have used the sizing tool, and that was nice and clear too.

Well done Drabblecast Forums! 10/10
Yay! :)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:50 am
by Hellcat
The pajamed bananas sat across from one another in total awkward silence. "I'm sorry love, but it's time for us to Split.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:34 pm
by SpareInch
My bluetooth keyboard on my knee, I struggled to write a story in only one hundred characters.

Eventually, I succeeded.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:36 pm
by JoshPeters
The black and white cat purred, sharpening his claws on the rough table leg without suspecting their immanent removal.

Your wish is *ew* my command...

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:52 am
by Spindaddy
Ronald cackled fiendishly. "First, I wish I had the power to force explosive diarrhea on anyone!" The genie shuddered.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:28 am
by afgrappin
"Daddy! Check for monsters under my bed!" I didn't have the heart to tell him Daddy checked already. Now I am the monster.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:45 am
by Algernon Sydney is Dead
afgrappin wrote:"Daddy! Check for monsters under my bed!" I didn't have the heart to tell him Daddy checked already. Now I am the monster.
Not bad. Similar to this twabble. I dub this Twabble meme #9.

MUB's show up several times in the DC forums and published works, of course. The meme refers to the "We met the monster and he is us" aspect of MUB-ery.


PS: Strawman and ROU, it is not MUTB. Heloise says so. ;)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:52 am
by JarodKAnderson
While studying poetic devices in English 101, Nancy shirked work to twerk. She aced the class with her use of assonance.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:51 am
by SpareInch
The stand up comedian was so funny, I laughed my head off.

Well, The Doctor did warn me to wait until the stitches came out.