Bee Accident

Would have beena great fiction story...if it was fiction
Unblinking

Bee Accident

Post by Unblinking » Tue May 25, 2010 12:54 am

Local news story here in Minnesota, major car accident breaks open a trailer full of bees, releasing some 4 million bees into the surrounding area. There were fatalities, unfortunately, but the idea of all those bees swarming and attacking everything in the accident aftermath is scary as hell.

Mr. Tweedy

Re: Bee Accident

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Tue May 25, 2010 3:37 pm

Link?
Advertise in this space!

groomporter

Post by groomporter » Wed May 26, 2010 3:38 pm

http://www.startribune.com/local/south/ ... _Yyc:aUUsZ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Soylent Polka Dot is clowns.

moonowl

Post by moonowl » Thu May 27, 2010 3:21 pm

MILLIONS of bees? In a truck?

Lazy b*stards don't want to fly anymore. That's what's wrong with this country!
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

strawman

Post by strawman » Fri May 28, 2010 2:38 am

Come on now. That's mass transit, negligible carbon footprint. Imagine if they'd all taken seperate cars.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

LizPennies

Post by LizPennies » Sat May 29, 2010 4:45 am

...Strawman raises an interesting thought. Does this qualify one to use the carpool lane? It IS after all a heavy passenger load.
A story doesn't have to have be happy, to gain happiness from a story.

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Post by StalinSays » Mon May 31, 2010 8:30 pm

It does qualify for one thing - me posting the oft viewed (but never viewed enough) 'best scenes from The (Nic Cage version) Wicker Man'

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e6i2WRreARo&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e6i2WRreARo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

This won't bring back your HONEY! OH GOB THE BEEESSS!!?!
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

Unblinking

Post by Unblinking » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:40 am

Oops, sorry about the lack of link. I think I have a very focused mental disorder which has the lone effect of causing me to never ever remember to include links or attachments in the original message.

And I'm not real active over here yet, though I've been listening to Drabblecast pretty much around the clock. I think it may be affecting my state of mind. My psychiatrist doesn't think so, but I think I need a second opinion. Giant squid aren't known for their pyschiatric prowess, after all.

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:03 am

Unblinking wrote:Oops, sorry about the lack of link. I think I have a very focused mental disorder which has the lone effect of causing me to never ever remember to include links or attachments in the original message.
No worries, I think this is a re-post anyways, am I right? Thought I remember seeing this in Drabblenews already. Still worth it, because GOBS is Stalin's Wicker Man vid hilarious.
Nobody with a soul can refrain from laughing when the bear costume decks that chick.
"Give us all some Jelly"

Unblinking

Post by Unblinking » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:12 pm

normsherman wrote: No worries, I think this is a re-post anyways, am I right? Thought I remember seeing this in Drabblenews already. Still worth it, because GOBS is Stalin's Wicker Man vid hilarious.
Nobody with a soul can refrain from laughing when the bear costume decks that chick.
I don't think I've heard it on the podcast yet, and my memories still pretty fresh from loading 160-some episodes into my brain over the last couple months. I've still got 2 episodes I haven't listened to yet, so it's possible that it happened to be in one of those.

It's possible that it was already mentioned on the forum here, since I haven't explored much. :)