Parrot arrested for aiding drug cartel

Would have beena great fiction story...if it was fiction
Mikes

Parrot arrested for aiding drug cartel

Post by Mikes » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:10 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvid ... artel.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A parrot in Colombia has been arrested after it was seized during a police drugs raid.

According to environmental authorities, Lorenzo the parrot was trying to tip-off a local drug cartel when officers conducted an undercover raid early Wednesday.

"This parrot was sending out alerts," said police officer Hollman Oliveira."You could say he was some sort of watch bird."

Authorities claim Lorenzo is one of nearly 1700 parrots seized by officials after being trained by drug traffickers to act as lookouts.

Lorenzo caused quite the stir on Wednesday as he was presented to journalists. The well trained creature even showed off his look out skills as he yelled out: "run, run you are going to get caught."
Let me through, I'm a colour therapist!

ejbman

Re: Parrot arrested for aiding drug cartel

Post by ejbman » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:27 am

This is hilarious! Reminds me of a short story written by Ed Ward here in Denver about a historical figure. The story is called "Robber Sly". Not online anywhere, but I'll see if I can get Ed to give it up for posting here.
The Dribblecast: Beepin' Good.

jannypie

Post by jannypie » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:36 am

love it
----
Reality is stranger than fiction... except on The Drabblecast.

Mikes

Post by Mikes » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:00 am

They do seem to skim over that the parrot spoke in English rather than Spanish. Must have been just another layer to their subterfuge.
Let me through, I'm a colour therapist!