Colossal squid stops traffic

Would have beena great fiction story...if it was fiction
cammoblammo

Colossal squid stops traffic

Post by cammoblammo » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:17 pm

Colossal squid stops traffic in Wellington

Personally, I prefer kraken stories. Imagine if one of these did go troppo in New Zealand. C-H-O-I-C-E!!!!!!
It is something that has to be proved scientifically, that a human being turned into a goat.

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:28 pm

That's awesome. That's the only time when you can't complain about being stuck in traffic. "Oh- they're transporting a colossal squid you say? Sheesh, why didn't you just say so."

Man, wouldn't it be awesome if we did a "Holy Drabblecast Colossal Squid Pilgrimage" to New Zealand?
I'm thinking we book a cruise to kiwiland. On the cruise we do nothing but drink and write squid related sonnets, haikus, epic poems, prayers and epistles.
When we get there we set up tents in cammo's backyard, sacrifice a sheep and then pay go pay homage to this thing.
"Give us all some Jelly"

cammoblammo

Post by cammoblammo » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:01 pm

That sounds like fun. Of course, I live in Australia which is close to---but not part of---New Zealand (although I did live there for a few years as a kid).

Still, I'm quite happy for every one to use my place as a starting point. I'm about to build a nice nativity scene to put on the front lawn for Christmas. If you guys got here now with your camels it'd make things a lot easier. And sacrificing a sheep is a good idea, although we do have a lot of cattle in the neighbourhood and a perfectly good barbecue in the neighbourhood.

No pressure, but the offer's there...
It is something that has to be proved scientifically, that a human being turned into a goat.

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:05 pm

Oh, I dunno how I got it in my head you were from New Zealand. I guess usually people make that mistake the other way and piss off New Zealanders.
"Give us all some Jelly"

cammoblammo

Post by cammoblammo » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:53 am

normsherman wrote:Oh, I dunno how I got it in my head you were from New Zealand. I guess usually people make that mistake the other way and piss off New Zealanders.
People make that mistake all the time. I think it's my accent.

During the Sydney Olympics we had a lot of fun with USAsians. We'd ask them whereabouts in Canada they were from. Or we'd say, 'America? I've heard of that. Isn't it north of Mexico?'

The looks we'd get were absolutely priceless.

planish

Post by planish » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:42 am

cammoblammo wrote: Or we'd say, 'America? I've heard of that. Isn't it north of Mexico?'
Only the Northern half of it is. :wink: